Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I really envy you all.... >

I really envy you all....

I really envy you all....

Old 01-20-2011, 11:23 PM

...in the US for having all these wonderful and big quilt shows! Just saw some pics of the Road to California Show - a friend of mine who is a longarm quilter won 1st price for Excellence of Longarm Quilting there and I would really love to go. But unfortunately I can't afford the journey over the pond! I hope one day I can . Until that time I will send a quilt for a show once in a while.....
Old 01-20-2011, 11:33 PM

I wish you could go too! Do you have any quilt shows in Germany? Quilt shops? I feel very fortunate to have two large shows that I'm able to attend each year and we have a couple smaller shows here as well. I hope you have some sort of quilt gathering, even if it's a group of you that can get together once in awhile and have lunch and then have show and tell time to share your projects.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:07 AM

Yes, we have small quilt shows here from time to time, but small ones and they are not judged. The German Patchwork Guild organizes a wandering show every third year and we have the Patchwork Days every year, the location changes. Of course we have quilt shops and many online shops. I don't belong to a group but some members of an German Quilting Board meet from time to time in Hamburg.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:45 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Hi Andrea, could you get into Holland? My DH is Dutch and quilting is really popular there - lots of LQSs and some brilliant shows and exhibitions. They also have something called Stoffenspektakel which goes around conference centres and such like. I've been to a couple, a lot of furnishing and dressmaking fabric but also some really nice cottons if you dig around - at least I managed to spend 200 euro at the last one I went to! Got sackloads of fabric though. LOL If you google it, you can find the schedule.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:59 AM
k3n
Power Poster

PS The biggest Dutch quilt show is The Open European Quilt Championship at Veldhoven in May. :-D http://www.oeqc.eu/indexen.php
Old 01-21-2011, 04:40 AM

k3n,
thank you for the information! I've been on the Dutch Stoffmarket in Hamburg and I know the OEQC. Unfortunately it's about 5 hours drive to arrive Veldhoven and I think I can't manage it this year. Maybe I enter a quilt there in 2012.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:54 AM

I guess we take things like this for granted. It is pretty cool the various shows we have, I'm sorry you don't have more shows near you. Hopefully someday you'll be able to travel to one here in the US.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:32 AM

If you ever do get over here, let me know. I'd love to meet you. And your quilts!
Old 01-21-2011, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Hinterland
If you ever do get over here, let me know. I'd love to meet you. And your quilts!
Of course I will, Janet! I would love to meet you, too!