Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I Really Need Help?

Blog Entries
    Can someone Please help me with the Turkey Track Pattern i saw a Tut.on it but i just don't understand how does work i want to do a throw with this stich if i can get help.Thanks in advance :?:

Blog Entries
    Where did you get your block? From Quilter's Cache? If so, did you also get the paperpiecing patterns?

What exactly is the problem you are having?

Gal
    In my part of the world it is called 'fly' stitch that is if you are talking about a hand embroidery stitch which I saw once on a thread here, it was exactly the same IMHO, used randomly or in a line as a quilting pattern for an all over design on your quilt, I am sure you will find more info on it if you go to the top of the page and hit search, you can enter in 'Turkey Tracks Stitch.'

Gal

Ooooops, I have just re-read your post and think now perhaps you are talking about a pattern, not a stitch, sorry my mistake! :oops: However the 'Turkey Tracks Stitch' is a lot of fun, check it out, if you have not seen it before!

Now I'm confused, I think you mean a stitch after all, sorry, just a senior moment, and I am trying to be helpful!

:) :)

Blog Entries
    I was in the search place up above.The lady Nanabirdmo have it there it called:

Turkey Track
    Crows Feet
    Lazy Daisey stich

I'm so sorry for not making myself clear but would love to learn this i can do Embroidery work but can't get the hang of this one i wanted to do this on a throw i unsally tied them but love this so much but i don't no how to get this started on my throw.
    Oh Gal,i also have those seniors momets and you are helpful Sweetie Thanks(:)

Gal
    :) :) Glad you have found it, I haven't actually tried it on a quilt yet, only in my embroidery, but I intend to as I love it! I would like to see what it looks like on the back of a quilt, I am thinking the thread is hidden/buried between each stitch, am I right or else you would have a lot of odd looking stitches going all over the place on the back of the quilt! I wonder if anyone using this method could show us what the back looks like? I think it is so quaint and am just waiting for the right quilt to try it out on!

Gal

I use french knots to tie, they look pretty.

Gal
    Carol, when you go from knot to knot do you go right the way through to the back of the quilt with your stitch?

Gal

Blog Entries
    Oh i can't hardy wait for Carol to answer that's what i wonder about(:)

have you checked out this?

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-26051-1.htm
    or how about this
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-1753-1.htm

If you keep reading through the posts on either thread they give more detail about how this is done! You only go through all layers once.

I generally use a french knot with a crazy/scrappy quilt. Make a knot as usual and run your needle through the batting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast