Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I saw an attachment for bias for the Bernina

Blog Entries
    I saw an attachment for bias for the Bernina, on Fon's and Porter. Does anyone know if they make them for the Baby locks or other sewing machines?

I don't understand the question... an attachment to make bias cuts easier to deal with? Or ...?

Blog Entries
    Bias binder attachments are available for a lot of machines and also come in generic forms. However, they were really designed for adding bias binding to garments; they do not work well for quilts because the quilts are too thick. Bernina used to have a bias binder attachment for quilting but took it off the market years ago because of the complaints about it. They only sell the narrower bias binder attachment now (at least, last I heard which was years ago; could be different nowadays).

Blog Entries
    The one I saw on Fon's and Porter's show, they were adding a bias to a pocket top. It sewed it right on, looked pretty need, for the people who do a lot of Tote bags, like me.