Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: I stand corrected...

You handled it ok. I know a few people like that & sometimes I can tolerate it & sometimes no.

You are the soul of discretion. :) Who says old dogs can't learn new tricks?

Please have sympathy for me. I have a brother who knows everything about everything and does not hesitate to explain anything to you in great detail. When I "butt in" to tell him I've known that since I was ten years old he scolds me tells me to let him finish. ARRRRGH He once went into interminable detail explaining to me that when buying shoes I should remember that the number refers to the length and the letter refers to the width. We are both in our 70s and it never occured to him that I might have figured that our several years ago. Lord, give me patience.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    Sashing is also called lattice...that may have been what she was thinking of.
    There are times when I slip into old, or seldom used expressions. I used the term lattice at guild just last week, and no one knew what I meant. I repeated it a couple of times before I could even think of sashing. Then, of course every one knew. Remember cloth stores, or piece goods - how about yard goods? Now they are all fabric stores. Times change, but my grey matter doesn't keep up.

I think you have alot more patience than I do! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gale
    If she was thinking satin, she must have been thinking of a sash on a fancy dress or something. Totally different. lol

On another note, when I put in the word sashing, my spell check says it's not a word.
    How can it not be a word..... "muffin top" is now a word :-D :-D :-D :-D

Quote Originally Posted by kit'smamma
    Please have sympathy for me. I have a brother who knows everything about everything and does not hesitate to explain anything to you in great detail. When I "butt in" to tell him I've known that since I was ten years old he scolds me tells me to let him finish. ARRRRGH He once went into interminable detail explaining to me that when buying shoes I should remember that the number refers to the length and the letter refers to the width. We are both in our 70s and it never occured to him that I might have figured that our several years ago. Lord, give me patience.
    This is when losing one's hearing can be a blessing... Or just let your thoughts wander and think about something more important. That's my little "mental rebellion" to having to listen to idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by olebat
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    Sashing is also called lattice...that may have been what she was thinking of.
    There are times when I slip into old, or seldom used expressions. I used the term lattice at guild just last week, and no one knew what I meant. I repeated it a couple of times before I could even think of sashing. Then, of course every one knew. Remember cloth stores, or piece goods - how about yard goods? Now they are all fabric stores. Times change, but my grey matter doesn't keep up.
    No kidding... I keep embarrassing myself by refering to my IPod as my "Walkman". 80's much? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for starting the topic.... and the amusing stories from others.
    Duck tape :)
    Also liked the "can we call it this today?"

You handled both situations well, Happy Quilting !!

I like it when it happens to other people and not me.. Sorry

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast