Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I was in the state of denial about my stash... >

I was in the state of denial about my stash...

I was in the state of denial about my stash...

Old 11-08-2010, 08:48 PM

DH was out of town today so I started to clean out a clothes/ storage closet in our guest room. Mind you, I must set the scene of bags and boxes of overflo fabric on the floor and on top of the double bed.

I have finished sorting and neatly storing fabrics in the wide closet across the hall from this room. I had to face reality, sometime. Today was the day:-)

Yarn is stacked in boxes for the charity shop, some clothes are ready for the trip to Goodwill, and I have tossed enough stuff to fill a large garbage can. Although I spent the entire day doing this task, I have a few more days of decluttering ahead before I will be finished. The bottom line is that I feel so great about what I did accomplish:-)

Oh, you wanted to know how much of the closet was cleaned?
Gulp! One half of the guest room closet and a few boxes of Civil War fabric strewn about the room are now neat and tidy.

Hubby told our family members Sunday that I had enough stash (fabrics, batting, and works in progress) to fill two closets. He was serious. Now, I know he was right!!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Google Goddess

that is great you were organizing it, I worked on my craft supplies also today, found things I forgot about and still have more to work on

My fabric is scrappy pieces as I enjoy making paper piece blocks and working on some grandmother flower garden hexagons.

I have company coming this week so needed to clean in the extra bedroom.

Craftybear
Old 11-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Power Poster

OOOOOHHHHH, I need to tidy my sewing space up........I need your motivation! Good for you!
Old 11-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Power Poster

I wish that I had your energy and ambition!! :D:D:D
Old 11-08-2010, 09:37 PM

My room is in need of some major help and I am the only person that can get in there and get it done. I sure don't want help in there...LOL
Old 11-08-2010, 10:00 PM

Wouldn't it be fun to help each other "de-clutter". We would all understand the feelings, emotions, and panic and everything else there is in doing this. I think with the support of someone who knows quilting, fabric, UFO's & WIPS, it would be so much easier. Just a thought
Old 11-08-2010, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by lovequilts
Wouldn't it be fun to help each other "de-clutter". We would all understand the feelings, emotions, and panic and everything else there is in doing this. I think with the support of someone who knows quilting, fabric, UFO's & WIPS, it would be so much easier. Just a thought
Well with me I might be a big help with your declutter , but then I'd be the kind that would be sayin O no this is to good to get rid of and the next thing you know your clutter would end up in my house and I'd have even a bigger clutter to deal with..lol :lol:
Old 11-08-2010, 11:15 PM
lue

Oh! Are we supposed to CLEAN UP the stash!!?? Well, why didn't SOMEbody tell me!
Old 11-09-2010, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by lue
Oh! Are we supposed to CLEAN UP the stash!!?? Well, why didn't SOMEbody tell me!
lol...I was just planning on moving it all to another room! lol :lol:
Old 11-09-2010, 10:46 AM

"Oh boy"..... I need to get going on organizing! I work so much better when everything is in it's place, I guess the weather here in Minnesota has been unusually warmer and I have been spending more time outdoors. That's Minnesota for you.... One week it's almost 70 dg and the next week it is snowing!