Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I surprise myself sometimes!

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar

Talking I surprise myself sometimes!

Does anyone else do this?

I was just looking through my stash, looking for the "right" red for what I need. I kept finding all kinds of pieces of beautiful fabric that I do not even remember having! I kept thinking - wow! I love this fabric! And I love this fabric too! I am surprising myself with all of the great fabric in my stash!

Yes I have the same thing even though my stash is not that large, isn't it wonderful!!!!!!

Great to look at stash and love what you see and not think, "what was I thinking when I bought this?"

Absolutely happens with me all the time and makes me happy that is till love what I picked and that's when I think of all the projects that I want to make with this fabric and that fabric...love shopping at my own shop
    Faten
    Www.easyquiltingcorner.com

Work like you don't need the money
    Love like you have never been hurt

I love when this happens!! I do have the "what was I thinking" episodes. Those usually get used in the backings!

Yes.
    And it's fun to end up using fabric for something totally different than I originally had in mind.

Me too - when I'm looking for something to do that makes me happy, I open up my closet and pull out stacks of fabric to reorganize. Just sorting my color or theme helps me think of new projects and I get excited all over again.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Super Member pumpkinpatchquilter's Avatar
    Hahaha - this is why cleaning up the sewing area isn't SO bad - I do that too, find all sorts of fabric that I don't even remember buying!
    Valerie Smith - pumpkinpatchquilter
    Obsessed Quilter and APQS Long Arm Machine Quilter
    www.pumpkinpatchquilter.com

Often, when I go through my stash for projects, I come across fabrics I don't recall buying....it's fun to see what I have. I also have a few of those pieces which make me wonder what in the world was I thinking?! Recently, I stopped at a LQS just for a looksee and the prices are rather steep. I had bought some Stonehnge fabric at a quilt store's going out of business sale at 70% off a few years ago. This fabric is sitll available in the stores but anywhere from 10.50 to 11.20/yd! Now I am looking at my stash with new eyes!

I have that experience, followed by the experience of having 15 red fabrics but not the color I need and none are even close!! I never appreciate how many shades of each color there is until I am trying to find a specific color in my stash. lol
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast