Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I think I bought the wrong stuff >

I think I bought the wrong stuff

I think I bought the wrong stuff

Old 10-20-2010, 01:30 PM

I went to the fabric store on the weekend to buy pellon to make my bow tuck tote. After looking at the tutorial I think I bought the wrong stuff. Is pellon supposed to look like bating? If it is then I got the wrong stuff mine isn't like bating I think it might be interfacing. Can I still use this and put bating on top or should I just go buy the proper pellon for it?
Old 10-20-2010, 01:35 PM

I would go buy the pellon recommended in the pattern. I've never used the interfacing in this purse and you need the stability of the heavier product. I use only 987F.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:47 PM

you can use it, just add batting also, and if you have the fusible pellon, you can fuse them together. otherise, some line basting will hold them together.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:47 PM

I just called fabricland in the town I live in, what was I thinking if they don't help you as a customer in the store they would surely answer the phone when it rings you would think. Nope it rang and rang and rang. I guess I'll be heading over the boarder Friday to Jo Ann fabrics to get the right pellon. I'm so angry right now with fabric land I think I might email the company and let them know how poor customer service is at this particular store. Sorry had to get that out. :| Guess it's good that I got my Jo Ann Fabric flyer in the mail today lol
Old 10-20-2010, 02:46 PM

Ok now that I have a meter of interfacing what can I do with it?
Old 10-20-2010, 02:53 PM
np3
Power Poster

Is it stiff? If so, you can use it for totes to make them stand up. You can use it with batting for quilting a tote too. If it is iron-on, maybe you could use it for applique?
Old 10-20-2010, 02:57 PM
crt

If you ask for fusible fleece by Pellon, hopefully they'll point you in the right direction. That's what I use for my Bow Tucks. :)
Old 10-20-2010, 03:02 PM

I did ask for fusible pellon when I went into Fabricland and not knowing a lot about sewing I thought the lady had given me the proper stuff. Until I looked at the tutorial and noticed that their's was fluffy and mine wasn't.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cindle
Ok now that I have a meter of interfacing what can I do with it?
I buy interfacing by the bolt for t-shirt quilts , sewing clothes and to applique.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:15 PM

It isn't just the Fabricland in your town. I think they are all like that. My closest FL is 35 km away, the clerks are extremely rude and they never have the sales stuff that they advertise. They also seem to have less and less fabric and more of the store is being taken over by drapery fabrics, home decor etc. Several FL are also going out of business, one in Guelph gone and the one is Milton closing soon. Fabric stores are in very short supply in my part of Ontario and I'm a long way from the border so the U.S. is not an option for shopping.