Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I think I made a big mistake >

I think I made a big mistake

I think I made a big mistake

Old 10-08-2016, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by dottie dodge View Post
Are we related? I have family members who refer to my time quilting as "Mom is hiding out"! Doesn't she ever do anything else? I asked the hubs what was new on ESPN. Anything besides sports. Maybe a crafting show. He didn't think that was funny. Go figure!

Isn't that weird? People think that sitting and watching sports for hours on end all weekend is perfectly fine but sewing isn't? That's a strange way of thinking to me. Go for it--keep up with your sewing!
Old 10-08-2016, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Clay View Post
. I always found that if you want to get better at something, to hang around people that were better than you. This board has been pretty open to a guy posting and asking questions. So thanks for that. By the way the wife and I are having a blast together still. If your husband wants to play your games, let him. You will usually have someone to go to the quilt shows with.
That's what forced me to find this board several years back. I didn't know anyone around me who quilted--much less "better than me". So, I went on line to try to find a community where I could learn from and grow in this craft.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:40 PM

[QUOTE=stormwater;7671828]Clay-
Where do you guys like to fish? I'm in SoCal and used to fish the west fork of the San Gabriel (local) and the Sierras (around Mammoth and Bridgeport) for vacations. Kids and work took me away from my streams but I plan to get back!

We live in Wisconsin and own a second home in the western part of the state. That area is called the Driftless area of Wis which means that the glaciers didn't move through that area. Without the glaciers moving through, the land has many hills and valleys and a tremendous amount of spring creeks. I usually fish with a 3 wt fly rod on the small streams and my wife throws a 4wt. For the non-fly fisher out there the lower the number the lighter wt the rod is and it makes it fun to chase the smaller brook trout for which these streams are famous.

Get back out on the water, it's a grand time.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
That's what forced me to find this board several years back. I didn't know anyone around me who quilted--much less "better than me". So, I went on line to try to find a community where I could learn from and grow in this craft.
My wife and I were just talking this morning about how her skill set has increased more in the last year than in the previous 20+ years. The internet and us doing things together has pushed us both to do things that we wouldn't normally even try. I was on the midarm this morning taking on line classes with that thing. By the way, I'm terrible, but I WILL GET BETTER.