Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I think I've lost my mind... >

I think I've lost my mind...

I think I've lost my mind...

Old 06-19-2014, 04:00 AM
Banned

[ATTACH=CONFIG]479693[/ATTACH]

I only have a second... but I just *had* to find this thread and add to it!

I'm off to look at this motorhome this morning.... these are *perfect* for turning into a sewing space.

I threw a little post together on my personal blog this morning - and after I get back form looking at this one, I'll try to do an update.

This one is super cheap.... (as far as motorhomes go) ... and if it winds up being a disappointment, I have a plan "B" one that is 10 years newer than this one that I'll just have to try to figure out how to make happen. LOL

More later... gotta fly.....
Attached Thumbnails screenshot-2014-06-19-05.27.27.png  
Old 06-19-2014, 04:23 AM

I lived in a bus for 2 years and loved it, did all my sewing in there, even had a cupboard under the bench just for my machines, so go for it.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:37 AM
Banned

So went and looked at it...

It's definitely gonna need some love.

I am amazed at sellers that don't bother to clean the thing up, etc...

It makes such a lousy impression.... if they can't wipe out a fridge, just thing of how "out of the question" any *real* maintenance must have been.

I'm going to make a lowball offer and go from there. I love the layout... the cabinets are in decent shape... but the flooring and walls have gotta go.

Sally
Old 06-19-2014, 02:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by zennia View Post
Go for it. That would work for me to. My goal is just to go somewhere where I can sit and sew all day and not worry about cleaning house or answering phone.

That would be the nearest Hilton.
peace
Old 06-19-2014, 06:49 PM

What a fun post! I'm all for campers and cottages. What a joy. Always wanted a log cabin in the mountain forest. I'd last about two weeks though. Can't do without LQS. Need my fabric fix.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:28 PM
Banned

I'm baaaaaaack!!!!!

Lowball offer didn't work. Seller is going to be sitting on that thing for a loooooong time, methinks.

So I went out today, and definitely got out of my comfort zone! LOL! omigosh.... Probably picking up my new "sewing room" tomorrow.....

I bought a 20 year old diesel pusher that only has 9,000 miles on it! LOL! Interior is fabulous... it was all redone by the current owner - who's a mechanic - who happened to find this thing after it's previous owner died. Seems the guy must have pretty much lived in it... so the living areas were worn... but the driver's seat (seriously) looks brand new - after ****20**** years! Unreal.

We're talkin' 8 x 9' of sewing room space... followed by another 20' of kitchen, bath and bedroom behind it. LOL

Seriously... this thing I bought today might not be the prettiest thing on the outside... but she's amazing on the inside... and I can't wait to find "new scenery" to enjoy for a few days here and there while I get to sew and work on other new patterns.

Seller put wood floors down in this thing... yahhhhooooo... no yucky carpet to have to vaccuum threads up from!

Oh... and I didn't tell my 33 year old son until *after* I did the deed. I think he's in shock over the whole thing... lol .

Where's Grandma?!?!?!?!??

lol... that's gonna be a "Good question!" here shortly.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:01 PM

Good for you! Can't wait to hear about your adventures. Pictures?
Old 07-12-2014, 06:17 PM
Banned

I'm going to go start a new thread... I'm at a campground now... let's see if I can get some pics to work here.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:50 AM

I think any other space than home would be divine! I know the only thing that cramps my sewing style is household chores. To be away would be great!
Old 07-13-2014, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
I think any other space than home would be divine! I know the only thing that cramps my sewing style is household chores. To be away would be great!
Ignoring household chores is one of my best events. It just takes practice. You can do it!!!

Alternately, send your husband on a golf trip for a few days . . .

hugs,
Charlotte