Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: I was volunteered! Help!

Well here she is, all washed, bound and labelled. I took the pic this morning before work. She will go out in the mail tomorrow. It will be sad to see her go, but I know she is going to someone who truly deserves her. A bit more time and I would have done more justice to her. I hope he loves the quilt! Hopefully I will get a pic or letter back. I would love to have one of the recipient and the quilt!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

WOW!! Quilt-T, that is amazing! He will love it!!

Here is the last quilt I finished for the soldiers. A friend did the LA for me. She did a fantastic job! I have included a close up of the quilting.

The color is a bit off. It is brighter in real life.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Quilt-T View Post
    Well here she is, all washed, bound and labelled. I took the pic this morning before work. She will go out in the mail tomorrow. It will be sad to see her go, but I know she is going to someone who truly deserves her. A bit more time and I would have done more justice to her. I hope he loves the quilt! Hopefully I will get a pic or letter back. I would love to have one of the recipient and the quilt!!
    It turned out to be a very attractive quilt. I'm sure he will think it is great. I like it, too, because I also like puffy!

Thanks, everyone!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilt-T View Post
    Thanks, everyone!
    Quilt-T, your quilt is beautiful - great job! Your comments made me smile = are all your quilts girls? It makes me chuckle to think your girl is going off to sleep with a guy in his cot!
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

Bluelady, I love your friendship star quilt. Blues and greens are my favorite combo.

Quote Originally Posted by paulswalia View Post
    Quilt-T, your quilt is beautiful - great job! Your comments made me smile = are all your quilts girls? It makes me chuckle to think your girl is going off to sleep with a guy in his cot!
    Thanks for the compliments on the quilt and my comments! That is funny! Most of them are girls, very few guys! Not sure but sometimes the quilts just have a personality of their own and they tell me who they are! This has been a wonderful project for me to be involved in! I would love to do it again just with a bit more time to really plan the project out!
    Happy Quilting! Tanya

So, is anyone else really missing the quilt that they made? I am so anxious to know when the quilt makes it to the soldier I made it for. It seems like I mailed it off forever ago, but it was really just 2 weeks ago!! That was the most fun I've had making a quilt in awhile. I considered doing another one really fast to get my mind off of that particular quilt. I am hoping that it makes it safely into his hands. Thanks for letting me vent!

Tanya

I agree, Tanya! I have been watching this thread to see if any more pictures show up. I guess we shouldn't expect the quilts to arrive in the Middle East until late December, but it's hard to wait! I just hope all of the soldiers are ok, get their quilts and know we care.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast