Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: I was volunteered! Help!

Power Poster
    i wouldnt have done it i would have told her i work full time and its alot of pressure on me i woul;d maybe donated fabric to her
    QUILTNMO

Thank you all for your offers of help. I think I have responded to all of you and I am so relieved to say that I think we have it covered!
    Please post pictures and share as you finish. I truly hope her husband can get a picture as each soldier gets his quilt!

Quote Originally Posted by QUILTNMO View Post
    i wouldnt have done it i would have told her i work full time and its alot of pressure on me i woul;d maybe donated fabric to her
    Although she has little understanding of the time involved, to say no would have disappointed the soldiers that didn't get one. That I could not do. And praise the Lord, I am getting the help I need here from many wonderful thoughtful women. Many hands make a big job go fast!

Why does it have to be in two weeks? Is that a "self-made" deadline or "did something else" dictate the deadline? What will happen if they don't get done in two weeks' time?

A cot quilt that is only 65" long isn't meant to really sleep under, right? I mean, not by itself...that's pretty short, right?

Red/black Twister quilt

This is the top that was waiting to find a home--sure am pleased it will go Military.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
    Why does it have to be in two weeks? Is that a "self-made" deadline or "did something else" dictate the deadline? What will happen if they don't get done in two weeks' time?

A cot quilt that is only 65" long isn't meant to really sleep under, right? I mean, not by itself...that's pretty short, right?
    The deadline is in hopes it will reach them by Christmas. And very soon, the mail will be cut off for a month or so, as it is too snowy, too cold, too winter, for the mail to be reliable over there. Although the quilts are smaller, they are that size so they fit the cots with out dragging over the edge in an unmilitary manner. They will help keep them warm, it will soon be freezing over there, if it isnt already. They do have Army issued blankets to sleep under but every layer helps in the bitter cold. But the main idea is to add color and brightness to a dreary sameness, to the dirty tan everything that is Afghanistan, to show the soldiers someone here at the states appreciates them for their bravery and for their sacrifice, to recognize them for defending our country. It hopefully will make them feel proud and loved and appreciated, and may the brightness of the quilts in their barracks add some color and joy to their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by farmquilter View Post
    This is the top that was waiting to find a home--sure am pleased it will go Military.
    Oh that is wonderful! Sgt Moore will love it I am sure.
    Thank you again.

how about a quillow there quick and easy to make have u thought of that pretty new with quilting but this is as a thought let me know if these will work

Well, aren't you guys just the best??? As a mom of a soldier who has been deployed to Iraq twice, I am overwhelmed by your willingness to help a fellow quilter with this wonderful project for our troops!!! I got all teary just reading this thread..... thank you all so much!!
    -Chris-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blessed are the children of quilters, for they shall inherit the quilts....

It does not do well, Harry, to dwell on the dreams....and forget to live. - Albus Dumbledore

I have a full plate myself but I can't turn down an opportunity to help. Let me see what colors I find in my stash and I will let you know by morning.

God bless for your efforts.

Denise
    Beware the SnapDragon... part of me has snapped and the other part is draggin.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast