Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I want a long arm machine but no frame............

........does that make sence??
    i just finished a simple quilt with thick batting for DGS and putting that under my Bernina makes me %&/)(/%&/, to say the least!
    Putting up a frame (next to my coverlock, my overlock, my embroidery machine and the sewing machine) would do the same to DH.........

Cant I just set up a long arm on a table? I was looking for longarm machines and I like the tin lizzie a lot.
    There is no chance for me to go to a dealer and over here they call machines with 6" x 9" throat a quiltingmachine!?
    Do you know a dealer that ships to switzerland, maybe even a dealer in UK?

What do you think?
    Granny

Blog Entries
    Granny,
    I suggest you look at a few sites for longarms and you will find they all have tables with tracks to allow the machines platform (also with wheels) to move freely in circles, curves etc. I had an older Handi Quilter that the pieces that hold the quilt clamp to a table or wooden shelf supported by a table and the tracks tape down to that shelf or table. Can be easily broken down and stored under a bed. It will use your sewing machine. The larger longarms are in need of their own tables. If you do many small items like baby quilts perhaps you can purchase the size tables they use for shows. Much shorter and easier to find space for.

thanks

I did google search and I saw there a 18" machine on a sewing table - of course I dont find it anymore. I "know" how longarm machines are moved around but cant I just put it on a table?

QueenQuilterEighteen Long-Arm Machine - Sit Down Model

thats the one I meant, but it does not have a stitch regulator like the tin lizzie. Couldnt I set up a tin lizzie like that?

Handi Quilter has a sit down mid arm, believe it is called the Sweet 16, go to http://www.HandiQuilter.com and you should be able to locate it.

Was it the Cotton Patch website in the UK? They do the Handiquilter 16 that comes with a table, Lacelady has one. Perhaps you could email them for more information and see if you can get it without the table? They also do the 18" but that one has a frame.

http://www.cottonpatch.co.uk/acatalo..._Quilting.html

I'm an APQS rep, we have the "George" model with a 20 inch throat that is used in a cabinet. If you'd like more information on it, you're welcome to send me a PM.

thanks Mamahen

As the shipping cost will be huge I really would like a machine without table and also one that could go on a frame.........if I maybe change my mind about it and DH gets used to the idea. ;)

Blog Entries
    here's the frame set up i was talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Why are APQS and Handyquilter more expensive than tin lizzie?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast