Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I WON THE BID

I have been biding on a Fab U motion on E-bay for several weeks they appear to be coming out of the wood works but each time I get Out bid I didn't want to pay over a 100 dollars for it as I haven't see one in person and they say it works on any machine with certain measurments and I am not sure it will fit mine as I am away from home now and don't have access to my machine. So I Bid 50 dollars and I WON I can't wait to get home and try it out.

What is a Fab U Motion? Thanks.

Never mind, I did a search and found a tutorial.

I curious on what it is, too

Congratulations! I have a Fabric Mover for a Pfaff, but I haven't tried it out yet and I have had it for probably a year now! I got it off of Ebay brand new! Will eventually be trying it out before long! I just have too many projects going on right now!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Congratulations!! :D:D

community benefactor mbogenpohl's Avatar
    Congrats! On your win!

I have one and love it, did you get the stitch regulator with it, thats a great price.

MTS
    Banned
    No, the one she bought didn't have the Stitch Regulator.

As far as I can determine, there is a Fabric Mover for certain models of the Pfaff (Creative Vision and Viking Topaz Sapphire) and
    Viking (Designer Series, Sapphire Series, Platinum Series, Scandinavia 2--, 300, and 400, Rose Iris and select Lily Series) which includes a stitch regulator, with a choice of a 7"x9" or 12"x12" working space.
    The asking prices on these are all over the place - from $300 to $1000. Retail prices look to be from $350 to $450, depending on sewing area size.

Then there is a "generic" version of the mover, no stitch regulator, with a sewing area of 7"x9" which is supposed to fit other machines based on size.
    The prices, at least on eBay, range from $52 to $122. I think this retails for $199.

This site had some interesting info and recommendations - just click on the item and scroll down.
    http://www.allbrands.com/products/ab...FcLr7QodpUH1NQ

It looks - at least to me - that it works sort of like John Flynn's frame thingie, except this is sort of attached to/floating above your machine. And because it's on bearings or whatever, by simply moving your quilt, the surface underneath moves/glides easily, and it takes all the weight off the quilter, making it easy to sew in that open area.

Would that be an accurate description?

What a great find - patience surely pays off!! Congratulations!

Congrats!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast