Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Ick!

Ick!

My Walmart doesn't have bolts of fabric. They only have precut 2 yrd pieces on small pieces of cardboard. I bought a couple today and am glad I washed them first. When I unrolled it from the cardboard there was a squished dead bug in there. eeekkkk
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-02-2012 at 07:14 PM.

I have seen the precuts and often wondered about their quality....good? bad? paperthin?

Take it back!

Ugh on the bug! I use them and have been fortunate in that they are very clean unlike stuff from the Joann store in town. I like them and find the quality accpetable for every day quilts. It is not heirloom quality but neither is their price.
    Anna Quilts

I'm making bags and wanted it for the lining. It's fine for that. I bought white and lime green. When I took them out of the dryer, I thought how similar they felt to sheets. Now I'm wondering if I can buy yard sale sheets to use for the lining of my handbags, totes and beach bags.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    This is off the subject, but I bought some dried flowers from Joann's and put them in my closet to use at a later time. About a week later when I opened the closet, bugs started flying out towards me. What a mess. I grabbed the sack of dried flowers and took them to my garbage, but first I looked inside. It was full of bugs. It seems that if I bought a few dried flowers and so many bugs came from it, that Joann's store would be populated with bugs. Don't think I will buy anything there again. And I had a mess to clean up. Had to empty my closet (it didn't have clothes) and vacuum all the bugs, live and dead. I was going to make a nice wreath with them. I think I'll quilt a wreath.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"