Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ideas for chinese raffle at our quilt guild

Blog Entries
    need some help! :) our guild always has a challenge night and part of the fun is everyone who wants can bring something quilt related or not to put in a chinese raffle. last year i just brought a set of fat quarters but this year i would like to take something unique (but not expensive!) any ideas? also any ideas for finger food would be welcome as well because we really work up an appetite at this meeting!!!!

Blog Entries
    How about a notions basket? or a needle wallet? or a HUGE bag of scraps (some people would love this, some would not) Put the scraps in something unusual - like a laundry basket. or a magazine subsription - make a coupon good from one year subscription to a quiting magazine.

Finger foods? Veggie tray and cupcakes 0

Chocolate dipped strawberries. And for the raffle how about a pressing board (homemade)covered with some really nice scrap (left over) fabric covering. I just made me one with a very thick piece of cardboard, left over padding and some inexpensive muslin. It is something that is lightweight and very handy.

thread is always needed
    as for snack whatever is easy foryou cupcakes alwas go well and so do brownies or blondies

How about one of those small TV tables covered and turned into a small ironing table? That would be a really neat and different item for the raffle.

What's a "chinese" raffle?
    If the evening's theme is oriental, you could make those "no-bake cookies" that use chow mein noodles and chocolate chips!

some beautiful premade quilt labels and a "how to attach to quilt" instruction sheet.

I am with quilting cat and would like to know what a chinese raffle is. Sounds intriguing.

Blog Entries
    his year i would like to take something unique (but not expensive!) any ideas? also any ideas for finger food would be welcome as well because we really work up an appetite at this meeting!!!![/quote]
    -----------------------------
    Try my Mini Cheeseburger Cookies. Recipe is on the recipe forum. They will get attention. Or some of the other lovely goodies on our own recipe forum, there are a lot there and they all look delicious.

Make a mini design wall ... about 20" square or so! handy when doing blocks or something smallish and can move your pieces from the cutting table to machine to ironing board.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast