Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ideas Please >

Ideas Please

Ideas Please

Old 04-24-2010, 03:48 AM

Hi All

Does anyone have any fab ideas for a stall I am having at my sons school Mothers Day Shopping night - have big cushions and bags and pincushions but just thought there may be some other ideas out there!

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2010, 03:51 AM

items for sale? do a search here for craft items or such.. it will show you who sold what the most at fairs which is semi important. I would personally make pot holders. Everyone needs new potholders and maybe matching towels with fabric trim? not expensive to make AND not expensive to buy. Money is tight for the bulk of people these days and it appears the less expensive items always sell faster. Table runners, mats etc?

if your looking how to setup your stall those craft fairs blogs here help too as they have pics of their stalls.

BEST OF LUCK!!
Old 04-24-2010, 03:57 AM

Maybe you could cut up some fat quarters too. I love to buy them anywhere. You can also get bottle caps and make little pin cushions. Easy to make and sell them for 1.00. Stuff them with batting and cover with a cute fabric, add a piece of elastic so they can place it around finger while they sew. I bought some recycle bags like at the grocery store, canvas, and where ther is writing, I added a 12" block left over from a project and glued it on. Looksnice and easy to do. The bags are sometimes a dollar. Hope these few ideas help. Lots of luck
Old 04-24-2010, 04:01 AM
Power Poster

Pillowcases.

I agree with the smaller/less expensive items. I might part with a couple of dollars for something I consider useful, even if I don't particularly want it, if it's for a charity event.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:10 AM

If you have embroider thread or thin cotton thread, you can take three strings and braid them and tie them to a nice little bead. About 10" long. Crafters use these to identify their scissors, etc. You put them on the items to make them easy to find in a class too. Could sell for 1.00 sldo. Makes up in about 2 minutes and you can make lots. Sorry, just thought of this too.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:10 AM
KR

Place mats, especially for different holiday themes. Our Guild is making some for the Boutique at our Quilt Show next year....just cute fabric with binding and simple quilting....don't even need to piece the fabrics to be effective. Also small wall hangings with holiday themes.

I did craft shows for years with various products and smaller/low-priced items have always done well. However, there are people out there who will purchase larger things, so you might want to have a few larger items, too. This is also a good way to test the market in your area.

Good luck! And have fun with it!!
Old 04-24-2010, 04:44 AM

How about a coin purse? Terri Atkinson's Cash and Carry is really easy and cool. Otherwise Stitchen Sisters has one that is neat called Snap Happy?
Old 04-24-2010, 04:47 AM

Sachets or scented pot holders, scrunchies. What about pin cushions that are made out of the tiny little flowers pots with floral fabric for the garden?
Old 04-24-2010, 05:20 AM

These are all wonderful ideas! :thumbup:

I would also make corn therapy bags as they are big sellers! You can buy the "cow corn" in your local farm feed store. It is not that expensive and I like corn better than rice because of the smell. The corn when placed in a microwave smells like popcorn. Here is a link on how to make them.
http://www.microwavecornbags.com/pattern.htm

Just keep in mind you want something you can make pretty fast and doesn't cost a lot to make.

I make a pincushion/scrap and thread holder for my quilting friends. They all love them and I can make them out of my scrap material I have left over.

Here are my directions. Once you get the hang of it, it doesn't take long at all to make.

I have attached a document on how to make the pincushion/scrap bag.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:30 AM

Quilted post cards, mini blocks for lapel pins, and bookmarks are all quick and easy.