Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Ideas for A Sampler Quilt

Blog Entries

Ideas for A Sampler Quilt

I have been challenged to come up with a Sampler Quilt using the Elizabeth Studios Fruit Ladies. Help me get some ideas for the blocks. So far I am thinking of using: Anita's Arrowhead; Georgia Boonesteele (sp?)'s Cube Accent; Exploding Pineapple;Dresden Plate;Kaliedoscope; Spider Web; Churn Dash;Monkey Wrench/Snail's Trail; and an applique of some sort --- perhaps fruits on a vine in the traditional Rose of Sharon style. Any other ideas?

My friends own the LQS (Quilt Harbor) and told me about on ethey saw at a quilt show --- naturally I wasn't there. So, pretty please help me come up with some ideas. Thanks bunches.

WilliP

Your ideas sound good. I would probably find a variety of blocks that I personally liked and make those. Lots of free block patterns online. Have fun making your sampler quilt.
    Heather

You could try checking out www.quilterscache.com. She has bunches of free block patterns~
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    Also check Quilters Cache she has hundreds of free patterns - sounds like a fun quilt
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    Also, check out the free BOM by Craftsy. com.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Blog Entries
    I think I probably have at least one of every free block pattern out there --that is not the problem. LOL It is deciding which ones will work with the Fruit Ladies. LOL Thanks for the tips for free pattern sites.

i had no idea what the fruit ladies were until i googled it... the fabric is a riot! Sorry, i dont have any ideas for which blocks to use.. since it is beach themed also you could look at that angle as well as the fruit

Blog Entries
    I plan to use the sand and surf type stuff as sashings etc. The main blocks will feature the fruities! I am doing some sketching about an applique --- perhaps a la the June Taylor dancers on Jackie's old show or the Rockettes. I mean I can see the strawberries synchronized! LOL Jane Russell inspiration of sorts. Now does that date me or what??