Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Identify this quilt, please. >

Identify this quilt, please.

Identify this quilt, please.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:47 PM

Don't know the name but what a beautiful quilt!
Old 04-15-2014, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by nygal View Post
This does look like it right?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/571464640188792918/

Here is more information on the pattern..

http://fiberfantasies.wordpress.com/...ndship-garden/

Yes, that is the pattern on pinterest. I saw that on another link. And the fiberfantasies site was very interesting. Thanks for your interest.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by grannysewer View Post
I purchased this old quilt in a thrift store and would like to know the name of the pattern. It has some soiled places on it, but not bad shape. It's hand pieced and hand quilted, there is no binding. I've looked in my books and other places and can't find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bobbie
I don't know the name of the pattern but it looks like it is from the 30's. Love it and all quilts like it.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:58 AM

Wow. I would call it a Great Beauty. I have several pieces from same period, just do not know what anonymous quilter was thinking when she left them all undone. This has inspired me to attempt piecing it together.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:59 PM

Just saw a new close version. Love of quilting magazine..latest edition. Page 28-29. Larger block less petals but a lot like it
Old 04-22-2014, 05:21 AM

I want to give a Shout Out to the members of this Board, who can help track down names of quilt patterns. I followed the links posted, and was able to not only have the name of the pattern, but also where to locate it, YAAY!
I logged on to Amazon and just purchased the book "Quilts: Unfinished Quilts With New Endings" by Gyleen Fitzgerald, which is reported to have this pattern in it. I also went to paperpieces.com, and purchased the paper pattern there.
As I was marveling at my luck, I happened to pick up my local newspaper, describing the upcoming Sauder's Quilt Show (4/27-5/2) in Archbold, OH, and guess who is going to be there? Gyleen Fitzgerald! If it comes in time, I may see if I can get her to sign it, lol. Even if she doesn't, I can ask her about this pattern.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:02 AM

Yes, this is truly a great bunch of people! I know when I need an answer, most likely I'll find one here. Good luck getting your book signed! That would be awsome! Let us know if you get to ask about the quilt. Inquiring minds want to know. Bobbie