Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If I am storing projects in ziplock bags will it hurt anything to put a dryer sheet in? >

If I am storing projects in ziplock bags will it hurt anything to put a dryer sheet in?

If I am storing projects in ziplock bags will it hurt anything to put a dryer sheet in?

Old 03-01-2011, 11:37 AM

Ahhhhhh never thought about going the soap route! Genius!!! I also did not think about letting the fabric breathe. Great advice everyone Thank you so much!
David
Old 03-01-2011, 11:37 AM

Thank you for the info. I knew someone would let us know. The soap idea is good too. I always have hotel soaps laying around form traveling. Wonder why they sell the plastic projects boxes at Quilt stores? I would think air gets into them nicely? I know I like those boxes. I also make lots of "kits" up for Project Linus and put them in baggies until they are made. Might just leave the bag open. Thanks for sharing everyone.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by davidwent
Ahhhhhh never thought about going the soap route! Genius!!! I also did not think about letting the fabric breathe. Great advice everyone Thank you so much!
David
brought to you by a FRIENDLY and not too dumb blonde!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
Thank you for the info. I knew someone would let us know. The soap idea is good too. I always have hotel soaps laying around form traveling. Wonder why they sell the plastic projects boxes at Quilt stores? I would think air gets into them nicely? I know I like those boxes. I also make lots of "kits" up for Project Linus and put them in baggies until they are made. Might just leave the bag open. Thanks for sharing everyone.
the storage containers are not for long term. They are PROJECT holders not heirloom storage... :D
on the Kit bags, just leave it open about 2", but again, they are not going to be stored in them for long so it does not matter.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:52 AM

I buy at the $ store those zipper pillow protectors. The fabric is similar to J-cloths. Not the plastic ones.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by davidwent
David
brought to you by a FRIENDLY and not too dumb blonde!
hahahahahahahaha I knew that would come back to bite me!! LOL
No offense meant, I have a curly blond wife
David
Old 03-01-2011, 12:45 PM

the storage containers are not for long term. They are PROJECT holders not heirloom storage... :D
on the Kit bags, just leave it open about 2", but again, they are not going to be stored in them for long so it does not matter.[/quote]

Good insight. SOme projects stay in longer than others but not long enough to hurt. And the kits about a month sometimes, so will leave the opening. I love learning new things on here daily. Good post David.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
on the Kit bags, just leave it open about 2", but again, they are not going to be stored in them for long so it does not matter.
Good insight. SOme projects stay in longer than others but not long enough to hurt. And the kits about a month sometimes, so will leave the opening. I love learning new things on here daily. Good post David.[/quote]

yep it is amazing the information you can find on this site...how well we STORE that info is a different topic! :thumbup:
Old 03-01-2011, 02:11 PM

I would not. Dryer sheets have been known to stain fabric.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:16 PM

I wouldn't. I wouldn't want the chemicals of the dryer sheets right up against the fabric, especially new dryer sheets, but even used ones.