Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you could only have one...... >

If you could only have one......

If you could only have one......

Old 04-01-2015, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Debbie C View Post
I don't use quilt magazines that you must purchase. I go to my library. They have a HUGE stash of quilt books with more patterns that I'd do in two lifetimes.
I never thought about doing that. I guess I could even drag out all of my old issues and see if I missed anything. Duh! Thanks for the input!
Old 04-01-2015, 06:12 AM

I don't subscribe any more cause there seem to be zillions of free patterns online. The only magazine I ever found to have gorgeous original things you don't see everywhere was "Australian Patchwork and Quilting" which was pretty expensive in the U.S., but I still refer to my years-old ones for ideas. I have no idea if it is even still published.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:19 AM

I still love to curl up and look at magazines. The only quilting mags I subscribe to are BLOCK and American Patchwork. I'm always looking forward to the next one!
Old 04-01-2015, 06:28 AM

I have never made a quilt from a magazine. But I do have a big stash of them and am running out of room to store them. Im down to two subscriptions - Block and Fons and Porters. I do enjoy getting them in the mail.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:02 AM

I currently subscribe to Quilting Arts (and have since 2002), American Quilter (the American Quilter's Society magazine that comes with membership), American Patchwork and Quilting (which I will not renew), and Quilters Newsletter (which I'm about to cancel after only 2 issues because they now add 30-page catalogs of non-quilting related merchandise stapled in the center ).

If I could only have one, it would be Quilting Arts, hands down, as art quilts are my primary interest. I don't have any interest in making someone else's pattern, but I am definitely a technique junkie. Second choice would be American Quilter.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:11 AM

I get BLOCK (I'm a Misourian, so I like supporting a Missouri small business). Other than that, I find most of what I want online.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:31 AM

I stopped subscribing to magazines about 5 years ago. I get newsletters from all kinds of fabric vendors and get pictures and patterns (some of which are free); I joined Craftsy, not only for the classes, but for the patterns; and I get several different types of blog updates. Since I not only quilt, but sew, crochet and craft, I enjoy getting email from a lot of different sources.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:47 AM

With all the free patterns online, I quit taking all quilting magazines. Now I have to figure out what to do with twelve years of magazines....I quit when I realized they were just changing a couple colors and showing the same thing all the time.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:40 AM

My absolute favorite is Quiltmaker.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:47 AM

I have three subscriptions now and I think I like the Fons and Porter magazine the best. The other two I have is Block and Quilt Makers.