Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you couldn't buy anymore------ >

If you couldn't buy anymore------

If you couldn't buy anymore------

Old 04-11-2010, 06:43 AM

If I continue to use my stash like I do now and make twin or lap size quilts, I could make well over 150 quilts. I even have enough thread, but would have to be careful choosing colors to match fabrics and saving large pieces of fabric to piece backs. My problem would be with batting. I have only a partial roll of Warm and Natural left.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:44 AM
Pam

I have lots of fabric, but why would you ask such a mean question? I would be so sad to even think I could not shop for fabric anymore.

I tend to do smaller art quilts, so I am always looking for "other stuff" to add in.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:47 AM

I *might* get one quilt, if I could use a sheet for backing and an old blanket for batting...

Oh my...I need to stock up!! :lol:
Old 04-11-2010, 06:54 AM

Oh my, I think I would be set for the rest of my life...lol
Fabric, patterns, books, threads and other notions. I dont know why i keep buying more I already have more ideas than i will ever get too.
And as far as using the stuff that we have in our house, lol me and my daughter live in a small apt and I already got rid of my dining room table and set my cutting table up in the kitchen, and found some nice stools with backs at the thift store for 2 bucks a piece and we use the cutting table as a place to eat when I dont have it covered in a project...lol Hey it was either the dining table had to go or the cutting table and of course I wasn't going to let go of the cutting table because it hurt my back to cut to long on the dining table.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:12 AM

My stash is ok, but not huge even though DH and my kids think it is. If I had to use it for tops and backing, I could probably get 40 quilts. I would be ok on patterns, but don't have enough thread (I should get more just in case). Batting would be the big problem. I have already told DD, for heavens sake don't throw anything out when I'm gone. Give it away. All she would have to do is pass the word and it would all be gone in 2 days!
Old 04-11-2010, 07:13 AM

I have alot of fabric to make scrap quilts . Backing would be pieced and when I ran out would find fabric from other people or in old clothing. I have alot of thread and patterns but would look to other people for more. I would use old blankets for batting.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:14 AM

id be fine forever also
Old 04-11-2010, 07:19 AM
Power Poster

I'm smack dab in the middle of refolding ALL my fabric on fabric boards. I had no idea I had so much. I have a pile of fabric I know I'll never use so it's going to a new home. I have oodles of fat quarters, quilt kits, jelly rolls, charm packs, and fat eights. I told myself not to buy any more fabric unless it's a deal too good to pass up. One thing I'm glad I did buy so much. The fabric tickets I found in with some of the fabric bought at various quilt shops says $3 and $4 a yard for Jinny Beyer, Moda, Michael Miller, Blank, and other quilt shop quality brands. I couldn't touch that price now days for these fabrics. I really think in a few years good quality cotton fabric will be $20 or more per yard.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
My "stash" consists of 2 clear shoebox size totes with scraps from the few quilts I've done. None are more than a fat quarter. My one big piece of fabric is 2 yards I just bought for sashing on my farm exchage blocks. If I can only work with that, I guess I'll have to start cutting up the bed sheets!!
You must be a really new quilter. I have only been quilting since last August and I have three of the clear plastic totes that are like 18 in. tall by 18in wide by 24in long. I have room for one more tote under the day bed in my sewing room, so after that I will have to stop for a while untill I use up enough to make more space. LOL
Old 04-11-2010, 07:27 AM

Oh, My head is spinning :shock: I can't think that hard right now!!!!