Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: If you fall in love with a fabric...

Blog Entries
    there have been so many posts on here asking to find fabric that is out of print/stock. i say buy it and buy plenty!
    Nancy in western NY

I am like you - I am always afraid that I will spend the big bucks for the material and have no use. I still haven't gotten to the point where I can buy 2-3 yards of a material for no reason. I think I will be the kind of quilter who buys as she needs. Keeping the stash to one closet.
    God Bless Quilters and Sewers
    Marti

I have fabric that at the time I had no planned project for. Although it's a kid's fabric, I think it's the perfect kid's fabric. I have 2 yards of all the different pieces of the Dr. Seuss fabric.

You will come across a pattern that fabric just fits and if you don't purchase the fabric to have on hand, it will be your "should have" quilt. Nothing else will measure up and will be a substitute.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Have you ever had a baby quilt of your own? Make yourself, your "little girl self", a quilt, label it as such and enjoy every moment under it! We ALL have a part of ourselves that has never grown up.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Def get it. The project will "materialize" at some point.
    Have you considered things like Beach bags or other tote-type bags or a bureau-topper or the birthday parties that your little girls will inevitably be invited to and need a gift...or, or
    Have fun!

Go for it, then there are no regrets later.
    Sheena

I would buy it - I have several collections that I fell in love with - I love having them and when I find the perfect pattern I use them in the meantime I still love to look at them.

If you love it and it won't break the budget, BUY IT ! That is one of the most common ways I am building 'My Stash". I take the advice of every one and get at least 2 yards so I will have enough for a project. Every single piece of fabric I have has 'spoken' to me at the time of purchase.
    Mary

Sew much fabric, sew little time

Blog Entries
    If I fall in love with a fabric, I probably buy 2 or 3 yards of it and come up with a pattern to best show it off!!!!
    A quilt is a blanket of love. Sharon

When I bought most of my stash I had no idea what I would do with it. I knew I wanted to make lots of quilts and if I live long enough I bet I will use it in quilts.
    If I wanted that bad I would buy several yards. Some pattern will come to mind sooner or latter. It would be a shame not to have enough to make it with.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast