Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: If you have a "Big Board" what kind of ironing board do you use under it?

Blog Entries
    I bought a four leg Homz Professional Ironing board at Walmart about 8 years ago. It was about $50 back then but I knew it was a bargain. It has the rack underneath it and has an extra wide top. It is very heavy, almost too heavy to fold up and move.
    I haven't seen any like it at Walmart in a long time. There is wide handle to lower and raise it. DD said Lowes and Sears have them.

My DH made a big board for me last weekend and I put it on my old ironing board that I've had for 20 years. Its listing to the right and I think DH is going to have to put a cabinet under it to stabilize it. Great idea about the casters!

Blog Entries
    My DH made a big board for me several years ago and used pvc pipe and joints for the legs. We did not glue them together so they could be taken apart as we tend to move and it made moving easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbound
    I made two big boards & I love them sooo much! I use WalMart ironing boards under them but I use the 4 leg, not the T legs. And I got the cheapest one they had too. I only keep them up when actively using them (side by side I can iron an entire quilt backing of 105" ) How thick is your board? I think I used 3/4" thick; I bet that makes a difference.
    I actually used 1/4 inch plywood because I couldn't lift the half inch, so my board may be a little lighter than some...

I'm looking at some of the four-legged boards for now, and will head over to BB&Beyond tomorrow with my coupon.

Cheers, K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2