Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ikea fabric

Blog Entries

Ikea fabric

Well I was looking for a sewing table at ikea I noticed that they sell thread and fabric. Has anyone ever purchased either. I bought my table on line so I was not at the store to check out quality of fabric. I would love to hear others that have seen or used that fabric.

Blog Entries
    hmmmm, i haven't been in our Ikea for over a year. it would be interesting if they do have it in the stores as our ikea is a stone's throw up the road at the Mall of America.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

They have great fabric there and it'd work for quilts. It tends to be a little heavier than your typical quilting cotton making it also suitable for home-dec/drapes, etc but it isn't so heavy that it wouldn't work for quilts too. They keep the same patterns for quite a long while and I must go look at their website to see what's new as its been over a year since I looked!
    mea

Banned
    great fabric for quilting (if they have it) and inexpensive. Last year I bought some 60" wide quiting weight, off white background with silver gray angles for $2.99 per yd. I also bought the packet of thread - 6 spools for $2.99. Havn't use it but it also looks very good.
    Local IKEA has not had the lighter weight fabric recently but have bought solids there that are just a bit heavier (somewhat like KONA) - also inexpensive and wide.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know. Some of the fabrics are only $5.99/yard! There is a section titled "Fabric & Sewing"http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/10655/

I'll have to look again. Last time I checked out the fabric it was all too heavy for a quilt. Also, last time I was there, the cutting table was set up and the customer was expected to cut their own fabric. Is that still true?

Does anyone know how Ikea compares, weight wise, to Marimekko cottons? Not price, just weight?
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

Thank you, I had no idea they had fabric.

Mine has some , but it is more of a weight of home decorator fabric, and not as soft as a quality quilters cotton.

The Ikea fabric I've purchased is all a heavier weight that I use for home dec projects.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast