Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IKEA I

Blog Entries
    I went to Ikea in Atlanta on Sat, 9/2, and sure enough found their fabric ! They are having a sale on several selected fabrics, $3.99 a yard, some of it is regularly $8.99 a yard. Nice selection nice colors. My only problem is that because I am so new to quilting I'm a bit unsure of what to buy. The fabric bolts did not indicate what the content was, nor washing instructions. Too, it was not "quilting" weight, but heavier, yet not a canvas/duck weight. I thought it might make a nice wall hanging since the care instructions are unclear. Only bought a pre cut piece of white/red juvenile print that I could always use for a wall hanging in a nursery....

My advice would be NOT to rush out to an Ikea thinking you are going to get a great quilting buy.....might be nice for purses, place mats,etc.

We don't have fabric but there is a great sale on shelves -- the ones with the cube style. I got a set of 4 across and 4 high and then a set of 4 across and 2 high. I will post pics when I get the sewing area organized !!! Some assembly required on the shelves.

I never knew Ikea had fabric. What about the one in Pittsburgh?

I have used Ikea fabric to make several purses. The fabric I used was a heavier weight cotton, and the bags came out great.

I've seen the fabric at Ikea and totally agree with the discription given. They also have thread sold in packs of 4. Am not real pleased with the quality. It breaks a lot when piecing.

Ikea has fabric!?!?!? I can't recall having seen any!

Ikea in Pittsburgh has fabric.We were there a few weeks ago and I bought a nice grey&white print to make a new purse.

I bought three bolts of fabric from IKEA last year and all were quilting weight cottons. There were about two yards on each of the bolts.

Baltimore ikea today, several bolts of just-heavier-than-quilting weight at $2 a yard. Also, the duvet covers have some amazing large scale prints. One duvet cover = 2 quilt backings.

(also, i use ivar shelving in the quilt room)

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    I need to go to but cant for a couple of weeks. I want to check out their materials, hope they are on special here too. I also need to buy some blueberry jam (yum) and also some of their mustard which I love..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast