Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I'm getting really frustrated

I am working on a UFO for my daughter. All I am trying to do is a large stipple on a pillow top. I have a Bernina with the BSR foot. It keeps skipping stitches, not pulling up the bobbin thread. I have had to stop and rip about 8 times already. This is only a 24" square pillow top. It should have been done an hour ago. I have rethreaded both the bobbin and the top threads. Why is this being such a brat. I have noticed that it mostly does the skipped stitch thing when I am moving the fabric towards me.
    I have a lot of sewing I want to get done today but this is really discouraging me!!!!

change your needle that might be it.i've done the same thing an checked thread an bobbin an then i changed needle an that worked for me.good luck

Thanks, I will try that right now and see if it works!!!!

Another suggestion...have you oiled your machine recently? Mine will do what you describe if I am overdue for maintenance. (Who wants to stop for maintenance when you are having fun?!?!?!)

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! Changing the needle worked. The needle that was in there was still a fairly new one but I guess it wasn't good enough. I threw in a new quilting needle and have finished the quilting on the pillow top.

I recently cleaned and oiled the machine, only a an hour or two of sewing ago.

Thanks for the help!! Now to make this into a pillow!!! With a zipper.

So glad you got your problem solved....there is nothing worse for a sewer/quilter than to have the machinery not work properly!!

Sounds like a dull needle to me. I change mine every 24 hours of stitching. This means 8-10 full hours of constant running for a full work day. This usually equates to 10-14 days for me. Also, check your bobbin, if you use plastic, there may be a rough edge that won't let the thread loose for a second. Gwyn

Glad changing the needle worked for you. I love my BSR. When you take your machine in for routine maintenance, take the BSR too. There are sometimes software updates for it, and I think I have noticed improvements in its performance due to those updates.