Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I'm going to Oregon

Blog Entries
    I am meeting three high school friends in Oregon next week. One of them lives in Springfield. I will be with them for 4 days and probably won't have time; but just in case I would can you tell me of any good LQS in that area.

Blog Entries
    have fun on your trip

Blog Entries
    Oh I havent a clue where or what kind of shops are in Springfield. I live about 100 miles south of Springfield. The weather is just beautiful right now, not too hot not too cold. I hope you have a GREAT time while your here. Have a safe trip.

Blog Entries
    I live not far from Springfield but most of the quilting shops are in Eugene (these cities are separated by the freeway so no difference really. I'm embarrassed to say I have not ventured into any fabric stores other than Joann's due to distance and cost. Enjoy your trip :)

Blog Entries
    I hope you have a good time with your friends, enjoy Oregon and have a safe trip. Wish you had more time would have liked to gathered some of us from Oregon together to meet you. If you do find you have time let us know.

Are you flying into Oregon arriving in Portland? Off I-205 South bound towards Eugene and Springfield is Fabric Depot. It is on 122nd and SE Stark. It is unbelievable! If you are still traveling south by car take a stop, look see in Salem at Greenbaum's Quilted Forest. It is in an old general store and has lovely fabric. It is a more traditional quilt shop whereas Fabric Depot is an experience not to be missed!

Blog Entries
    Have fun!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maggiesmom
    I am meeting three high school friends in Oregon next week. One of them lives in Springfield. I will be with them for 4 days and probably won't have time; but just in case I would can you tell me of any good LQS in that area.
    Borzma's in McMinville is fabulous. There is also a quilt shop called the quilted hill....they are a bit of a distance from Springfield you can look at their websites and map them....would be a great field trip...just be sure and take your cash stash...you probably won't leave empty handed.

Have fun.