Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: I'm jumping in..starting my journey into developing a scrap system

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePetal View Post
    mary, thanks so much, wish i had seen the "how to cut up tut" (before) good lesson, now I have it.
    heidi i am sure there is more than one way to cut up a shirt. this is just one tute that was posted on this board on cutting up men's shirts. here is a quick way to save the tute into a pdf file. all you need to do is have your tute open and have the joliprint website open, copy the web address over to the joliprint website, click the correct things and it will turn your tute into a pdf that you can save.

****NOTE***: let me say that this is just one way to save web tutes. i know there are many other options available to save web items.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

Going through my scraps I found I had a lot of triangles. I put them in stacks of similar size and use them for beginners and enders. Then when I have a few odd minutes I trim them to the nearest size, ie. 1 1/2", 2", 2 1/2" etc. There are so many designs you can make with hst's. If I have 4 of the same 2 fabrics/colors I make pinwheels. Then it doesn't take long to make a baby quilt because the pinwheels are already made. Just add sashing and/or borders.

Such an ingenious thought!! I've collected old clothing from the goodwill on half-price saturday. Really took home some beautiful fabrics, clothing and such that I can't wear of course but even the mattress pads with stretched out elastic can be used as nice insides for a thick cozy quilt!
    Thank You Lord for answering my prayers, in this I am truely blessed!

Blog Entries
    purplepetal and my other st. louis area quilters there is a quilter looking to lighten her load of fabrics. hopefully there are some goood deals there.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/art/3098854097.html
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

I too struggled with "what if I cut it up, then wanted a bigger size, so I comprimise... I save the back (largest piece) as a whole piece, and cut the rest up. Best of both worlds...

I LOVE having a goodwill outlet nearby. Ours charges 50 cents per item, but still a bargain when fabric is upwards of $7 a yard most places

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8