Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I'm looking for a pattern for a boy's quilt using fabric w/vehicles.

I'm looking for a pattern for a boy's quilt using fabric w/vehicles.

Any ideas? I thought at first that I'd use a paper piecing pattern that looks like cars in rows but then discovered that there are no cars, just planes, trucks & boats. I don't want anything w/applique. I am a strip/block kind of gal. Thanks for any and all ideas that come my way.

I made two twin size quilts recently for young boys using a variety of fabrics with sports prints, cars, trucks, wheels, etc. I posted the picture at this link: Sports Quilts for Young Boys

The pattern is Lucky Stars by Terry Atkinson. The stars were fun to make and easy to piece. The sashing is all just rectangles. You might consider it.

Check out the Nascar themed quilt in the picture section. It is a very nice quilt, and she did a great job on it!

Blog Entries
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I don't have any additional ideas, but do like the ones suggested. Anything you choose will be loved, I'm sure. Good luck & be sure to post pictures.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

I have different vechile fabric for boys and I did a trip around the world pulling the soilds out of the fabric. I did my center, the red then print then blue then print then yellow and so on. Turned out great! Was for our other son lol ....I watched him and my kids and I just fell in love with the little man.
    *Rachel*

Hi,there is a lady on http://www.isupportamerican.com who does all kind of quilt patterns maybe she can help.best of luck.Richard

Richiefarr

Hi I'm not very good at these computers but here goes,If you go to http://www.isupportamerican.com there is a lady who does all kinds of patterns.best of luck.Richie

Blog Entries
    Love the fatcat patterns.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain