Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm in love.......

You live in Canada right? How do you manage with the GST & duties? I'm in BC & don't usually order because of the "unknown" actual finished cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    with this GORGEOUS fabric I just found.
    It's the Geisha Girl from Kona Bay/Nobu Collection.
    I just HAD to buy it!
    Ok, so I really didn't....YES I DID!
    Was reading about it and found out they only make so much and once it's gone, it's gone. SO.....I HAD TO GET IT!!

http://www.craftconn.com/Main.asp?Task=Custom&Step=Fabric+Details&productID=23156

Plus, when I went searching other sites for it, they were sold out, so I figured I better get while the getting was good!
    You know before I found this forum I use to have money in my bank!!!! You guys are KILLING ME!!!
    I just ordered a panel myself!!! I have noooooo idea how I will use it, but its there for when I do need it!!!

Yes thats right I too HAVE TO HAVE IT!!! I NEEEED IT!

doh! my credit card people are laughing at me with that evil laugh of theirs again cause they are getting more of my money!
    Same Here :!: :lol: I saw a quilt several years ago with a similar figure--this figure was the size fo a bed qult and then last Feb at the same show was a smaller figure set in a wall hanging with samll blocks around it. I think thats what I will do. The large panel with samll blocks around it. The problem will be getting time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    You live in Canada right? How do you manage with the GST & duties? I'm in BC & don't usually order because of the "unknown" actual finished cost.
    ummm thats a really good question!!! I guess we dont' have to pay the Canadian taxes.. I've purchased some things where I had to pay duty to customs.. .other times I haven't had a hitch. I remember a few years ago purchasing two cross stitch patterns on ebay... I had to pay duty when it arrived.

I am still waiting on my package from thousands of bolts.com, I am curious to see what happens there with duty and tax, etc. Stay tuned!

yes I live in Newfoundland.

Cheers

I got confirmation that my fabric shipped!
    WOOHOO!!!

I ordered the Japanese lady and can't wait for it to get here. I have coordinating fabrics to make a wall hanging---maybe use the fan pattern to surround the figure? I am not sure how that'd look so once it gets here, I'll play around with it some more.

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    with this GORGEOUS fabric I just found.
    It's the Geisha Girl from Kona Bay/Nobu Collection.
    I just HAD to buy it!
    Ok, so I really didn't....YES I DID!
    Was reading about it and found out they only make so much and once it's gone, it's gone. SO.....I HAD TO GET IT!!

http://www.craftconn.com/Main.asp?Task=Custom&Step=Fabric+Details&productID=23156

Plus, when I went searching other sites for it, they were sold out, so I figured I better get while the getting was good!
    Now see what you have done......LOL.....I just ordered 3 panels! This panel is gorgeous!!!!

Thanks for sharing this! Can't wait to get them!

Linda (lfw045)

Quote Originally Posted by vicki reno
    I am holding onto my credit card so tightly my knuckles are white! :lol: Its a must have but thats how I felt about everything in the closet and now the closet is fulled to oveflowing. I am trying to resist temptation! I don't knnow if I am strong enough! I like the one of her on black. Beautiful!
    One more won't hurt...c'mon! :twisted:

Did anyone order any of the coordinating fabrics? If so, which ones? I like the leaves, especially the red and the black.

If I were to order the lady, I would make her into a wall hanging. Actually, I don't think I would use any other fabric around her - she's beautiful just the way she is.

Madelyn

I ordered coordinating fabric, but don't remember which ones.
    Bad, huh?

She's gorgeous!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast