Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm so excited--new Tin Lizzie! >

I'm so excited--new Tin Lizzie!

I'm so excited--new Tin Lizzie!

Old 12-12-2010, 01:03 PM

I'm so excited--I ordered a Tin Lizzie 18LS with a metal frame!! I'm supposed to get it on Dec. 21st. I am on a budget and due to some customer service issues (long story), I was offered a terrific price on this new Tin Lizzie 18LS so that was the deciding factor for me on which long arm to purchase. I ws also contemplating the Handi Quilter but then the huge price difference became teh deciding factor for me. I would love to hear comments from Tin Lizzie owners. Sure wish I was getting it a week earlier as I have a quilt for a Xmas gift that I still have to quilt on my sewing machine. UGH!!!! But it's a good feeling knowing it is the last one I will have to do on my sewing machine!
Old 12-12-2010, 01:24 PM

congrats, and happy stitching
Old 12-12-2010, 01:25 PM

merry christmas...have fun...
Old 12-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Banned

OH I am glad you decided! Good for you!
Old 12-12-2010, 01:49 PM

i've had mine for 2 years +/-. any problems i have had have been caused by me. i have what i think are realistic expectations of it so i'm not disappointed. i don't expect it to be a computerized-screen, auto-lift, bells and whistles quilter. i've had good to excellent results and if you practice you'll love having it.

the only problem i have had that i attribute to the machine is with invisible thread. the tension is very hard to put back to where it was before. so i don't use it any more.

i ended up not using the SR. my choice only. i have a steady hand and prefer the control i feel i have without it.

mine is a wood frame with 10-foot metal poles for rigidity. i'm sorry i didn't choose 14-foot poles. i would like more room on the sides to slide the machine out from under the quilt in order to change the bobbin and clean the lint out more easily during the quilting.
i may still be able to convince dh to do that for me. on the wood frame, it's possible to go up to around 16 feet, according to ernie. i would also like the add-on extended bed for laying a ruler on while stitching. it keeps the ruler from rocking when you stitch. and an open-toe foot to see better. aside from the 2 parts (the poles are really not necessary) i feel i have everything i need.

i think you'll like it very much. there are others on the board who have it and feel like i do. i don't want to answer for them, so i hope they come forward.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:57 PM

How about giving the recipient of that quilt a pretty Christmas card that tells them what their gift will be and that it will look so much nicer if you wait and use your new machine. I'm sure they will be happy with a late gift that you put so much effort into making for them. Just a thought.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:24 PM

Congrats! I think that name 'Tin Lizzy' is funny. My husband & I have a 1926 'Tin Lizzy'.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:22 AM

Wow! Merry Christmas to you!!!! enjoy!