Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm in a stippling rut...everybody loves it though!

I have to admit I'm tired of stippling. I either hand quilt or machine stipple. I have not tried anything else because this seems to be the IT thing. I do love it when I'm done and so does everybody else, but it's all I do. I started to tie a quilt today just to try something different. I need ideas for other machine quilting patterns.

I also have been meandering for way too long. I do it very well, but think it's finally time that I tried a pattern. I'm not good at following a pattern drawn on a quilt so a freestyle one would be what I would try. I just have to get up my courage and do it.

That could be a quote, I've been meandering way too long!!! I like it! I can't follow a pattern very well either yet.

My problem with meandering...............my MIND starts meandering!!!! LOL Then I have to slap myself and get myself back on track!

I find spirals easier than meandering- I can make them in rows, or random in size and space. I also like pebbling- I like the way it looks when it is washed.

I love to do freehand feathers. Started out watching patsy Thompson videos. She is great. I even catch myself doodling feathers. Practicing on paper is a great way to get comfortable with a new pattern

I want to try feathers but they intimidate me. Someday maybe I'll get up the nerve.

The lady that writes this blog is doing free motion background filler patterns. Some of them are really easy and some of them are harder but it'll give you lots of ideas to get out of the stipple rut. http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    I want to try feathers but they intimidate me. Someday maybe I'll get up the nerve.
    Don't be scared of feathers. They are really quite simple. The hardest part for me was to realize that they didn't have to be perfect. When you look at a stencil each loop is exact. Free "styling" feathers don't have to be. Look at nature. It is not always identical. So don't be intimidated. Try it on paper first. It really is quite fun!

thanks so much for the link!
    I could spend all day just watching her quilt!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast