Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm such a proud mom!

My 9 year old granddaughter stayed with me this past week end. She sat down at the sewing machine for the first time. I had some I spy 5" squares left over from another project, and she sewed those together according to her design. It is bright, I will say that. Two borders are plain green and two are purple with little hearts on it. I think it is the most beautiful quilt I have ever seen, lol. I am going to finish sewing the binding on for her and then sending it to her. We had so much fun.

feel so happy for you! my stepdaughter has no desire to do crafts of any kind and my son's girlfriend is not talented with fabrics at all either (she and her mom can't even mark a hem for me - 3 pins and 3 different lengths). I will admit that I don't know if sharing would be my thing either lol

That is so wonderful. My daughter runs the other way, at the thought of sewing anything!
    Amythyst

Blog Entries
    Enjoy sharing your love of quilting with her... I have 4 granddaughters and I thought them to sew in hopes at least one of them would get to quilting. They all have sewing machines. My youngest one just moved back to Ca. 3 1/2 hours drive from me so what we will be doing when she comes to visit. Oh yea!!
    Life is great, enjoy each day as if it was your last. We never know what tomorrow will bring.

Blog Entries
    You should be. None of my girls were ever interested in sewing until now that they are parents themselves,
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

Here's a picture of the layers basted together and stretched out on the quilting hoop: Name:  photo (6).JPG
Views: 94
Size:  110.8 KB
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

I'm soooo jealous. Both of my daughters made a few simple 9-patch blocks when they were in their teens and that is a far as it got. One of my daughters tried hand quilting, but didn't stick with it long enough to do very well, but I'll give her credit for trying. The heritage of piecing quilts and hand quilting is stopping with my generation. I do have one niece who is interested. Ironically, her mother is the only one of the four sisters that doesn't do quilting, so guess it's skipping a generation with that sister. Oh, yes, another sister's son has learned to hand quilt and does quite well. Now that he is almost 15, I'm not sure it's too "manly" to do right now, but who knows, he may come back to it.
    Thimble and Thread

Blog Entries
    That is so sweet of her. I to have a daughter, but she like the out side. But my grand daughter is differt she like to work with me in my craft room. Love it.

That is so neat. My daughter is not interested....

Be sure to post pictures when she is finished. We would love to see it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast