Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm swooning over....

Question I'm swooning over....

the swoon pattern! I want to use it as a pattern in a block-swap group I am in. I've saved lots of pictures, etc., and thought I had saved a free pattern. Is there one available? I've just spent waaaay too much time looking for it on my computer. The only source I seem to come up with is Connecting Threads. Any other source?
    psumom

Blog Entries
    is this the pattern you are talking about? if so, it is a swoon along free pattern.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

Search for Carpenter's Wheel quilt block. It's almost the same, and there are lots of different ways to make it.

It is an old quilt block called Dutch Rose.

havplenty, I like that one, but wasn't looking for a scrappy version. Thanks anyway! Pagzz, that's exactly what I was looking for! Dunster and quiltnama, I checked out the Dutch Rose and Carpenter's Wheel patterns, and they are similar and could work. Thanks everyone.
    psumom

Blog Entries
    I went online to educate myself on this "new" swoon quilt movement. It's like a wave has hit. The "swoon" block goes by several names such as dutch rose, carpenter wheel to name a few and they are all constructed a little bit different but with the same resulting look.

I saw a couple of blogs where some have even figured out how to minimize the cuts on the swoon block so that there are fewer seams, less flying geese & less hst's. I guess this is how new variations of older quilt blocks are born. While I didn't find a block actually named swoon in my search other than the recently minted pattern named swoon, I am sure somewhere along the line this block name will be added to the quilt block lexicon.

Glad you found what you needed.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

I just took a class at Craftsy and the Swoon pattern was one of the lessons. I just finished piecing it in bright colors. I asked my husband to help me fold it and he said it was the prettiest quilt I had ever made.
    Carmen E.

Quote Originally Posted by celwood View Post
    I just took a class at Craftsy and the Swoon pattern was one of the lessons. I just finished piecing it in bright colors. I asked my husband to help me fold it and he said it was the prettiest quilt I had ever made.
    Which class did you take ? Thanks.

Never mind I found it, for anyone else wondering its the Pre-Cut Piecing Made Simple class with Craftsy.
    Last edited by Amythyst02; 03-17-2014 at 04:53 AM. Reason: answered my own question
    Amythyst

I took that Craftsy class also and although I haven't made the Swoon quilt yet I *love* the look of it!! It's on my bucket list for SURE!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast