Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: imperfect quilt

I would like to know if anyone has deliberately made a quilt imperfect, turned a block the wrong way, made one block not "match" in color.

I'm just wondering because I'm hand piecing a quilt and since I'm not the best at it, the stitches don't look perfect from the top, but I like it since it's a country style quilt and it looks more rustic that way.

I do that to all of them. At least that's what I tell people anyway ;)

don't sweat it, no one will notice except you and if they do they won't care and will probably like it that much more cause it reminds them that it was made and not purchased.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I have done it but not deliberately LOL
    There is an old tradition among quilters before us that they would make an intentional mistake b/c only God is perfect.
    So I guess I am keeping the tradition alive :D:D

Maybe I'm cracked, I dunno, but that legend about a "humility block" has always set wrong with me. I hope that it's only an old wives' tale. :)

To intentionally set a block in wrong would be a "false humility block," in my opinion, because what it says is that I have to set out to do something imperfectly because I'm so good that I will otherwise make something that's perfect. :shock:

Don't worry about the imperfections. Do whatever you do with a cheerful heart and your best effort and God will make it beautiful. :)

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    thepolyparrot, You are absolutely right!!!!!!! Again, nothing I'll have to worry about though LOL :D

Blog Entries
    I would never do that on purpose, but I'm sure there are plenty mistakes anyway!LOL

Blog Entries
    I don't have to try to do anything wrong it just happens naturally with me! :lol: :lol:

Yeah, all my quilts provide plenty of good examples of what not to do! ;)

If a block has more than one piece, it's automatic trouble for me! :D

If a block has only one piece and no angles lesser or greater than 90, there's a 50/50 chance that I'll get it evenly sewn into the quilt top. :mrgreen:

No, I would never make a mistake on purpose. My points may not all meet all the time, but none of the errors are deliberate. If something was sewn inside out or upside down, I would rip it out and re-sew it.

I agree.....only God is perfect, there are mistakes in each one of my quilts, some bigger than others.....I have enough to worry about, don't need God mad at me too !!!!!!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast