Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Indian Ladies Quilt Pattern

I am looking for a pattern that has Indian girls or ladies in it. I saw one that was just the back of them like they were walking away. Anyone have something like that?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rvitajean
    I am looking for a pattern that has Indian girls or ladies in it. I saw one that was just the back of them like they were walking away. Anyone have something like that?
    ----------------------
    I'm looking. I used to have one like that about...well, a HECK of a long time ago when I lived in Albuquerque and we knew the folks who had a trading post up out of town. My next door neighbor made one like that and I really loved it. Always intended to do it.

Seems like it had the head made from a bundle of black yarn with the yarn braided and hanging down past the waist line, sewed down of course. The Indian woman's top was hidden by a triangular shawl, and a long skirt was below. Most of the color was in the shawl. A very simple pattern but instantly identified as being Indian. Anyone finds that one, please let us know.

That sounds like what I wanted. Thanks