Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Inklingo? Pros and Cons, please >

Inklingo? Pros and Cons, please

Inklingo? Pros and Cons, please

Old 07-08-2014, 07:20 AM

www.inklingo.com
Linda also has a yahoogroups for her inklingo and is right there to answer any questions, plus there are all kinds of short youtubes.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:29 AM

If you mean when you are printing on Freezer paper by itself? I've always put the FP on to a sheet of plain paper by running a hot iron along the top inch or so. Run them together through the printer. Never had a problem that way.

Originally Posted by yadroc View Post
i had several paper jams. Do you have any words of wisdom on how to avoid that? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:34 AM

Looking on the web site I could find individual templates, but not a sheet of them to print on FP to iron onto fabric and cut them out. Anyone know where to find that? And thanks as usual for all the tips and comments!

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
Have you used the Inklingo method for hexies, etc? What do you think? Like it?

Starting to do some POTC quilt blocks and am deciding whether to use templates with whip stitch or the Inkling method using a running stitch. I know EPP is more traditional, but for these blocks even machine would be fine.

Thanks for your opinions!
Old 07-08-2014, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
If you mean when you are printing on Freezer paper by itself? I've always put the FP on to a sheet of plain paper by running a hot iron along the top inch or so. Run them together through the printer. Never had a problem that way.
Actually my problem was printing on fabric that has been pressed onto freezer paper. Thanks anyway.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:27 PM

For me, Inklingo is the only way to go for hand piecing. I would never have the patience or discipline to get the same results if I had to cut/mark the patches myself. I think it's definitely worth the price. YMMV.
As for Inklingo vs EPP, each has a certain amount of prep work before you get to start putting the pieces together. I think you have a little more control over fabrics selection with EPP since each hex (or whatever shape) is made individually.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by indigofab View Post
For me, Inklingo is the only way to go for hand piecing. I would never have the patience or discipline to get the same results if I had to cut/mark the patches myself. I think it's definitely worth the price.
Jumping in a little late here, but I agree. I love it. Did this Texas Tumbler using Inklingo. Went together quickly. I hand pieced because I love hand piecing, but you can also machine piece.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 07-24-2014, 04:27 AM
Power Poster

All the free items are under Freebies. http://lindafranz.com/shop/#All