Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
innova longarm >

innova longarm

innova longarm

Old 03-10-2014, 06:17 AM

Default innova longarm

Hi! Im looking at a Innova longarm and would love to hear form anyone who has one. I'd like to hear likes, dislikes, customer service and Navigation software. Thanks for your time!
Tricia
Old 03-10-2014, 06:30 AM
Power Poster

Hi Tricia,

Welcome to the board. You will probably get a lot of responses as there are many of us here (HAPPY Innova owners)

I got mine in 2010. I bought the dealers used demo. I do not have one bad thing to say about Innova, NOT ONE!!! Customer service, well I called for service once on Christmas weekend. I called on the 23rd. It was a Saturday around 3pm or 4pm. I got not one but THREE techs returned my call. One of which was Michael the M in ABM. They are not feeding you a line when they tell you the customer service is 24-7-365.

My machine is a workhorse and has handled everything I have thrown at it. I don't quilt full time, only part time but I average about one quilt per month. Most of those quilts are custom but I do some panto work too. I do not have any computer on board other than the standard stitch regulator. I would love to have lightening stitch but the standard SR serves me well. My Innova has happily run any thread I have thrown at it, any batting (or combination of batts as I tend to double batt a lot of quilts) and any fabric. It has handled everything well.

I learned how to re-time my machine watching the you tube video so they are very straight forward mechanically and even a very non mechanical person like myself can do it. The only service issue I have had is when my timing belt went and I had to send the hook assembly back to texas for the the new one. But now I hear they are shaft (or gear) driven so no belt to worry about.

The only way I would part with my Innova is if I was getting a new Innova. I have a 26" on a 10' frame.
If I had the room I would have gone for a 12 or 14 footer frame.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:18 AM

I have one also-and I love-no other machine comes close to ease of use/reliabilty/etc. that's my say on the matter
Old 03-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

I would like to echo everything feline fanatic said. I also have the standard stitch regulator, 12' frame, 26" machine. I do not do pantographs, only free motion with and without rulers. I am considering adding robotics, although I might go with MQR rather than AutoPilot. (I haven't seen MQR yet.) I considered Navigator, but I asked at a quilt show what the differences were between it and AutoPilot, and it was clear to me that the huge difference in price was because of a huge difference in capability. At this time I'm not quilting professionally. I've had my machine about 4 years, and I would love to have a new one with some of the enhancements that have been invented since I bought my machine, but if I ever buy a new longarm it will be another Innova.

I also called for help a few times when I first got my machine, and it was always immediately available. I haven't had to call for quite a while (knock on wood).
Old 03-11-2014, 06:31 AM

Love to chime in here with my 2 cents! Innova is the LAST stop on my quilting journey! Its my 3rd frame and 4th machine. I had a bit of trouble with my machine recently. It happened to be around the time of the regional AQS show here in Phx. I asked my dealer for some suggestions and was asked a question by a man helping at her booth. Turns out it was Neal (I think he is the President...or someplace up there!) He came to my HOUSE! (my machine would not shred as it had been..that stinker purred like a kitten!) He did find a large oily blog of lint (the culprit!) Now I am quilting happily away again. lesson learned...and I have learned a trouble shooting lesson! I have a 22 inch on a 12 ft frame with Lightning stitch (digital stitch regulator) and PantoVision (digital pantograph..NOT computer). (dont' ask me about the PV...I have misplaced the plug so I cannot recharge it...working on THAT). I do freemotion, a bit of ruler work and pantographs. I love this machine! I would suggest you get your hands on as many machines as you can. A big show is the best. It is easier to compare when you can try them all at the same place.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:35 AM

I have only test drove one, but I fell in love with it. I opted to purchase a different (used) machine first to make sure I liked the long-arm process before making a large $$ purchase. I'm happy to report that I do like the long-arm process and WHEN I purchase a new one ... it WILL be an Innova no question in my mind, and it will have the lightning stitch (I loved that option, it's awesome for micro work).
Old 01-25-2015, 09:20 AM

Hubby and I purchased an Innova in Sept of 2014. I love it. I have been quilting like a wild woman. I am very happy I purchased an Innova. Customer support is terrific! Happy quilting to all.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:25 AM

Hello, yes the Innova is a great machine with great customer service. I've gone from a Viking MegaQuilter to a stretched Juki and finally the Innova.........my last machine. Its well built, owner friendly and you can basically maintain it yourself instead of having to send it out. You only need to oil the bobbin area usually and clean out the lint after every bobbin change. The machine will take most all threads and I've even used metallic embroidery thread on mine.

There are 2 yahoo digest groups you can join...Innovalongarm run by the company and Innova_longarm run by Innova owners.

Hopefully you've test drove an Innova as it may not suit you. Not all machines will suit all quilters so test drive a bunch before making your decision. Not to say I think the Innova is the best but it might not be the best for you and how you quilt. Better to be sure beforehand.

Good luck.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:04 AM

I am looking into getting a new machine. I have a Juki Virtuoso Pro 2200 QVP longarm and it is not working very well for me. It is in the shop as we speak and I don't expect much when it returns. I have had nothing but problems since day one. On day one it was not working! I hate this machine! The only thing that is consistent about this machine is that it is inconsistent. I can only use a size #18 needle in it and the holes are huge. The stitches are always messed up and you can never quilt a quilt without crying. Thanks for the post on the Innova, I will look further into this machine.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:19 PM

Love my Innova! 22" on 14 ft frame (it's huge in my basement). I do free motion and ruler work. Extremely smooth machine, just glides over fabric. I tried all the brands at many major shows and always came back to Innova. I do not have the lightening stitch but would love to add in future. Only quilt for myself and family.