Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Input would be appreciated >

Input would be appreciated

Input would be appreciated

Old 10-19-2007, 03:05 PM

I am looking at getting a new sewing machine, not sure what to get. I have a Janome MC 7000 that has been my bestest friend for the past 22 years. It still sews like a dream, the problem I have run into is that my walking foot wore out and I can't get another one for it because of it's age.

I've had a few people make suggestions, one being Pfaff, another advised me to get another Janome. I have had no problems with my Janome, but I don't want to run into this same problem down the road.

Any suggestions anyone?
Old 10-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Administrator

if you haven't already been to this website, take a look at the janome feet they offer. i know they have a buttonhole foot for your model because the model number is listed in the descript. the descriptions of the walking feet don't include model number, so i can't tell if they'll work on your machine.

http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/janome-feet.php
Old 10-19-2007, 03:32 PM

Another suggestion is to try Clotildes website, they have feet to fit almost anything, too.

Besides you must TRY any machine out that you are trying or thinking about buying. Make sure they do what you want and have what you want.

Happy Quilting,
Sharon
Old 10-19-2007, 03:58 PM

Thanks so much...will check the site out, although I have three walking feet now from Janome and my machine just does not play nice with them...lots of walking feet, not enough machines.. LOL
Old 10-19-2007, 04:38 PM

You know.....I bought a walking foot for my newest Kenmore...(I own 3...two over 30 years old and one less than 10 yrs old)....guess what....the walking foot would NOT work on the newer machine...but works great on the older one!! go figure!

They didn't make walking feet when the two older machines were made! This foot was specifically FOR my new machine and did NOT work on it!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Suz

I've had two Vikings and about two years ago, I purchased a Jamone 9000 which is my primary machine. It is a very nice machine but wish and wish I hade purchased another Viking. (Both of the Vikings are still in use; one is set up all the time and the second will be up when I start 4H again).

I think I if were going to invest in another machine, I definitely would have a stitch regulator AND it would be a Viking.

Suzanne
Old 10-20-2007, 06:29 PM

I have an industrial style singer with only 18 stitches and it works great. Last week in quilting class the instructor (used to sell sewing machines) said the new singer's are not at all like the old workhorse they used to be. Hope that helps.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:40 AM

From the pictures of your work, it appears that you are a seasoned quilter, and that you probaly have your own desires and wants in a machine. Why not create a list of what you want and expect in a machine and then take the time to visit a few dealers, and request a demo, as well as asking them the questions you may have. As well as the examples as to how user friendly it is. That is of course if you don't mind taking classes to learn how to use it. Just a thought, As well as finding out the maintenance for the machine.