Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Inspira Quilt Frame and Pfaff Hobby 1200 GrandQuilter >

Inspira Quilt Frame and Pfaff Hobby 1200 GrandQuilter

Inspira Quilt Frame and Pfaff Hobby 1200 GrandQuilter

Old 03-03-2016, 11:21 AM

Default Inspira Quilt Frame and Pfaff Hobby 1200 GrandQuilter

I purchased a used Inspira Quilt Frame and Pfaff Hobby 1200 GrandQuilter a few years ago. I have never used it. I didn't have enough room in my sewing room. We moved it to a different room where I have more space. Now I would like to begin using it but I am nervous about starting. I would appreciate any hints/tips that quilters could share. I don't have any experience using a quilting frame and machine. Thanks!
Old 03-03-2016, 12:18 PM

I have this setup and absolutely love it. When I started quilting, I knew I could not afford to pay someone to quilt for me. I tried hand quilting, after 6 months I finally completed my first quilt, I swore then, never again. I checked into this setup and was told I could get a huge discount (10 years ago), my husband agreed and I have never looked back. I started with loops, waves and flames (Harley Davidson Quilts). Practice on what ever you want, enjoy, I am of the opinion that there are no mistakes, we are none of us perfect. Start simple and work your way up.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:27 PM

My friend has the Pfaff Hobby 1200 Grand with a Grace frame set-up. I am a novice with machine quilting and have had the privilege of quilting with her a few times. Everything went smoothly. She has had the system for years and is "at one" with it. I understand that it takes quite a lot of oil. The throat is not huge, but she seems to be able to work with that. I have done pantographs with her and had so much fun!
Old 03-06-2016, 10:40 AM

I also have a Grand Quilter on an Inspira frame that I have absolutely loved for the last 10 years. I had no idea how to use it including loading it. I finally ran across a Yahoo Group called PfaffHobbyGrandQuilters. That is where I learned almost everything about this setup. You may have to do some digging but I think they can help you more than any other resource. Good Luck. You really will love it. I have probably quilted over 100 quilts and still going strong.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:37 AM

I have this set up, as well as the stitch regulator. Setting it up was smooth and operating it was too but for the longest time my machine would skip stitches randomly which made me nuts! I took off the stitch regulator and that helped somewhat but it would still skip and I was just about to sell it and say forget it!

then a friend came to use it. She turned the speed down since she was new to long arm quilting. It didn't skip once! What?! Seriously, I was sewing too fast and that's all I had to do to fix the problem that had caused me major stress for years!