Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Inspira quilting frame >

Inspira quilting frame

Inspira quilting frame

Old 03-12-2014, 03:15 PM

Default Inspira quilting frame

I have one of these frames and am very unhappy with it. I contacted the Grace Co. to see if there were some fixes for it and was treated very rudely. Does anyone have an answer for this problem? The roller bars are so flexible that it makes my quilting crooked. Is there possibly something that can be done with this? Linda Gooden
Old 03-12-2014, 03:28 PM
Power Poster

years ago, i used to visit Yahoo Groiups and used to read about many fixes for many different frames. i don't recall which group i was in, but i just searched Yahoo Groups and there is one specifically for frames made by the Grace Co. you might try there.
[and as long as i searched it, i may as well join as i just got a new Majestic frame ]
Old 03-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

I got mine used from a dealer and they came out & set it up. Mine seems very sturdy. I'm not exactly understanding what you mean by the roller bars being flexible so your quilting is crooked. Can you elaborate?

The issue I have with mine is the track that the wheels run on deteriorates and although you can get replacement tracks, you have to disassemble the entire frame to install them. When the track is damaged, the machine won't move smoothly over those areas. I pretty much know where they are and just get a good grip on the handles when I get in that area. Other than that I haven't had any problems...
Old 03-12-2014, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Linda Gooden View Post
I have one of these frames and am very unhappy with it. I contacted the Grace Co. to see if there were some fixes for it and was treated very rudely. Does anyone have an answer for this problem? The roller bars are so flexible that it makes my quilting crooked. Is there possibly something that can be done with this? Linda Gooden
Is this the new Inspira frame? Could you post a pic showing the problem? I 'm not sure if it would be possible to get a pic ?
Old 03-12-2014, 04:51 PM

We've sold the Grace frames where I work, and the one thing that takes practice, is getting the tension on the bars right. If you tighten too much, it will bow in the middle. So, loosen up the tension on the bars, but add bungee clamps on the sides, to balance out the tension.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:05 PM

The roller bars are aluminum and when stretch out long l ength they bow in middle and make your quilting crooket. We used chainlink fence pipe and put over the other bar and scewed it to it an used duck tape to put the leaders on. We thank it is the top rail for the fence.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:51 PM
Power Poster

There's no excuse for being treated rudely. I wonder if the company realizes how much ill will that creates? Do they realize how many people read this board? It sounds like everyone who has responded has some sort of problem with these frames.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:21 AM

I just bought an inspira frame and during transport we lost one of the ratchet wheel off the pole and I called the grace company and they asked if I needed the whole end piece and I said yes I need everything the goes into the pole and the only thing they sent was the plastic end part so I will be calling them back again today and paying more shipping but if this helps to solve my problem so I can get to use it I will be happy. I do not know if there is somewhere to buy local but surely would love to.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:43 PM

The bars that the fabric is rolled on, I can't remember the technical term. They are very flexible and when I roll the fabric forward they pull in in the middle and my quilting is not straight. If I could find stronger bars, I think it would be much better. Very frustrating to have uneven quilting. I bought this from a quilt store and they refused to help me set it up so maybe I have done something wrong. Anyway it is no fun to quilt on. I went to a local quilt store and they told me the only thing to do was buy a different quilt frame. I can't spend another $2,000. Thank you for your response. Linda G.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:58 PM

I don't have it set up right now. Kinda gave up on it after 2 or 3 crooked quilts. I have had it for about 8 years, not new. The last quilt I made I had quilted by someone else for $90.