Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Instructions and yardage for the Basketweave Baby quilt

Welcome to the board. There are a lot of knowledgable people here who are very generous about sharing their expertise, skill...and sometimes just their opinion if you ask! I've learned a lot since I've joined.

HA GIRL I GOT THINGS HOOKED UP BUT CAN'T GET IT DONE RIGHT NOW MY HEAD IS A POUNDING i TRY LATER
    DIZZY

HERE GOES HOPE ITS COMES OUT RIGHT
    Attached Images Attached Images      

LAST PAGE.If you go to [fons an porter .com]An go into the search on
    there web sight there is a mistake or a misprint in there directions.
    put basket weave in the search.an it will come up with the directions that they messed up on.I got this thing going finally i remembered how to get it done.when you down load the pattern if you inlarge it.it will be able to
    read the whole thing.Hugs girl an enjoy the pattern.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I saw that quilt pictured on the Fons and Porter site a couple of years ago.
    I loved it so I made up my own pattern and made it. Someday I'll finish sewing down the last side of the binding.
    This is a picture before it was quilted.

[IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...sketweave1.jpg[/IMG]

The beautiful Willamette Valley in Oregon
    Thanks so much for all that work getting the pictures & instructions for me. I finally figured out how to download the pages, I'm a duffus on the PC, and printed them. Sure was easier to read when they were right-side up :>) I had found those corrections on their website and was a bit miffed that they didn't just write out the entire instructions again with the corrections highlighted. Then I wouldn't have had to bug anyone like I did. What did you think of the quilt? I loved the original colors used but hated the Tried & True spiced up quilt at the end.
    Thank you again for helping me out with this problem.
    KJ

Hi and welcome from Ninnie in NC

The beautiful Willamette Valley in Oregon
    Did you use 2 layers of medium loft to enhance the woven effect per Marianne's instructions? I love your quilt and your colors. It sounds like you might almost be as bad as I am when it comes to finishing my projects. Thank you for sharing your quilt picture.

If you go to the qnntv website and click on the Fon's and Potter icon and then on the 1st icon you can watch them making the basketweave quilt. I love this website. But it does cost money to become a member. I think it is worth every cent with all of the information you get watching the videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Karenn
    Did you use 2 layers of medium loft to enhance the woven effect per Marianne's instructions? I love your quilt and your colors. It sounds like you might almost be as bad as I am when it comes to finishing my projects. Thank you for sharing your quilt picture.
    If you are talking to me, no I didn't have any directions. I just winged it.
    :D I just looked at the picture and thought I could do that! It was fun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast