Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: International Quilt Festival - Cincinnati

International Quilt Festival - Cincinnati

Next week, the International Quilt Festival will be here in my hometown of Cincinnati. Since I'm a new(er) quilter, I haven't been to anything like this before, but I'm really looking forward to it! Any words of wisdom about what to expect, or what to look for? Or what to avoid??

Good walking shoes and lots of money! Enjoy! Wish I was going, have been before but not in Cincinnati.

Lots of quilt themed exhibits and a wide variety of vendors. Take your time. Take a camera so you can record the quilts you enjoy if they allow photos.

Enjoy!!! I always went when it was here in Chicago, and I really miss it. Make sure that you wear comfy shoes. Bring a bag to carry your treasures and bring with a few return address stickers. There are a lot of places that have drawings and this will save you lots of time.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Enjoy, enjoy!
    Mazda

Banned
    pack a lunch and/or something to snack on. The food courts are usually expensive and often long lines.

I prefer not to bring a big purse, but an expandable bag to put my purchases in. I went to this one last year and it was a good show. I'm going again on Friday. The less bulk you have to carry, once it gets crowded (and believe me, it will do that!!), the easier you can get around. There were several choices upstairs for food, but as was said in a previous post, it is expensive and long lines were quite common. Comfortable shoes are a must!
    Regina in Richmond, KY

I went last year and loved it plan on a long day comfortable shoes and clothes don't rush it just relax and enjoy

I was thinking about trying to go...how does it compare to the AQS show in Paducah?
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Quote Originally Posted by fairydawn View Post
    Good walking shoes and lots of money! Enjoy! Wish I was going, have been before but not in Cincinnati.
    I read this one to my husband. I think he may have rolled his eyes. LOL He asked what "a lot" meant. Ha! I'm sure our opinion on that is more than his!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast