Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
invisibale thread >

invisibale thread

invisibale thread

Old 04-18-2007, 07:15 PM

does anyone have any suggestion on how to work well with it. I have tried several things and it always seem to break, does any one have any suggestions. Help please
Old 04-19-2007, 04:33 AM

Not me, I bought just one spool. I couldn't even see to thread a needle, I haven't read much good about it.........hit the search at the top of this page and you can read the coments about it
Old 04-19-2007, 05:44 AM

I use it quite a bit. Loosen your top tension and that should help.
As far as threding the needle, my machine has white paint on the shank of the presser foot. If, I am trying to thread the needle, I lower the presser foot, the eye of the needle is more visible against the shank of the presser foot and it makes it a little easier. Maybe this will help.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:26 AM

If your sewing machine doesn't have the white on the shank, you can put a small piece of colored tape on it to help you see the thread. Like Vicki said your tension needs to be adjusted a little as it is a different weight than most threads. Also if you cut the end you thread with on an angle it will be easier to thread as well.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:58 AM

The Sulky brand of polyester invisible thread seems to work better for me than nylon invisible thread in my machine. And it takes the heat of the iron better too if you have to press.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:21 AM

I've quilted with Sulky and I really like it a lot, if you can break it pretty easy with your hands or if it's "pokey" if you stick yourself with it, it's either old or just not a good brand. again..check that your tension isn't too tight
Old 04-20-2007, 11:52 AM

I'd asked the same question a couple months ago, everyone on here was really helpful. I did finally play with two different brands and found which I liked better. The top tension was what really made it work. I read somewhere it is not good at all on the bottom (and I don't remember why).
My advise, I did this with my machines at home. Is write it down!!! I wrote down in my quilting journal what brand thread on what machine and the tension I had to set it at. It may be a little different in the future depending on my bobbin thread and my fabrics, but at least I have a jumping off point. I'm one of those people (more so lately) if I don't write it down or have it right in front of me I'll never remember. I'd tell ya what it was, but I don't have it with me, but everyone's machines are a bit different, so play with the thread and see what ya can do. I also made a note in my journal for those fun metallic threads, they didn't work the same as the invisible thread in my machines, so I had to adjust the tensiion differently.
Good Luck!!
Old 04-20-2007, 05:14 PM

I also had trouble threading my machine when using the invisible thread. I find that if I put a small white card or piece of paper behind the needle, I can see much better. It works for me!