Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Invisible fabric glue

Smile Invisible fabric glue

Does anyone know of an invisible glue to use on fabric ... I am making a wall hanging and am using plastic film so the pictures can be changed out when someone is tired of looking at them..... Made one for my mom that is a nursing home....Just want more user friendly glue, had an awful time with the glue that I had ,, it was invisible but hard to use...Thanks...

Why not stitch the clear plastic in place, just the same as you would with fabric?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blog Entries
    I've used Dritz Liquid Stitch for many projects. It's a little thick but it does dry clear and it does take a while to dry. I'm getting ready to do a project that requires glueing and I'm going to try Fabri–Fix by Beacon; it's a permanent, fast grab, and quick dry glue.
    Joyce

Blog Entries
    I've used Dritz Liquid Stitch for many projects. It's a little thick but it does dry clear and it does take a while to dry. I'm getting ready to do a project that requires glueing and I'm going to try Fabri–Fix by Beacon; it's a permanent, fast grab, and quick dry glue.
    Joyce

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Why not stitch the clear plastic in place, just the same as you would with fabric?
    I would do this too. You can stitch paper, so why not plastic?? Would make your life easier!!

Rachel

sorry double post

Blog Entries
    I have used Fabri-tac before to fuse fabric together. It is more viscous glue but I swear it would hold an airplane together! It dries clear.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I would stitch the plastic down, if not, I would use Fabri Tac. The other question I have is why don't you insert the photos by makin the 1.5" folded fabric trim? It provides sort of a 'mat' for the picture and then you don't have plastic and there is no way for the picture to fall out unless you take it out.

I made a wall hanging once that looked like a fish aquarium and sewed vinyl to make it look like the fish were inside glass. I was able to add seed beads and other little trinkets. Now I wish I had not sold that piece.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

I've done this before and stitched the vinyl down on three sides. It has held up well over the years. I used a zig-zag stitch and a longer stitch length.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast