Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Invisible thread that is not nylon

Superior threads has a good argument for not using 100% nylon thread as your invisible thread. But not everyone sells their brand. Does anyone know of other non-nylon invisible threads. I'm trying to find an online dealer that I can buy all the things on my "need to buy list". So having an alternate brand to buy would be good.

Blog Entries
    Sulky Polyester Invisible Thread. It's very soft, nothing like the nylon.

YSL? YLS? whichever. i used it on the FAL quilt that i posted. it was very soft. but whatever you use, unless you bury the ends, you end up with pokies where you cut the thread. can i ask why you want to use it? many people don't like it very much.

Edit: the source: http://www.baysidequilting.com/

or the shows

Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    YSL? YLS? whichever. i used it on the FAL quilt that i posted. it was very soft. but whatever you use, unless you bury the ends, you end up with pokies where you cut the thread. can i ask why you want to use it? many people don't like it very much.

Edit: the source: http://www.baysidequilting.com/

or the shows
    thanks for the link

I use the invisible to machine applique. If you have a look at the vines, stars and leaves on the border of the quilt in my avitar, they are machine appliqued down, and I like to use invisible thread for that type of work. I had no idea that there was a movement away from the nylon invisible until recently. I'll check out the YLI. Thanks. And thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by gailmitchell
    I use the invisible to machine applique. If you have a look at the vines, stars and leaves on the border of the quilt in my avitar, they are machine appliqued down, and I like to use invisible thread for that type of work. I had no idea that there was a movement away from the nylon invisible until recently. I'll check out the YLI. Thanks. And thanks for the link.

:roll: thanks for the proper name. i'm an airhead sometimes. :D