Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: IPad cover/holder

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    Had anyone here made an IPad cover? I would like to make something heavy duty and strong enough to protect my IPad if I drop it or something. What have you all used to make a good protective case for yours?

I bought my cover, sorry.

Unless it is metal there isn't really anything that will keep it safe if you drop it. The screen will be the first to go. You can pad against scratches and such but please don't drop it!!

I did make a case for my NOOK and padded it with warm and natural batting, 2 layers.

I have a color Nook - and was concerned about that as well. I purchased a "hard" cover.

So . . I have not made anything like that, but I might try using two layers of Decor Bond with batting in between - the Decor Bond would give your screen some protection. These new electronics are rather fragile - I am not sure that you could completely protect it in a large fall but you may be able to save it from "bumps".

Blog Entries
    I bought my IPAD cover from Apple and have a plastic film cover on the screen. When I travel with it (shopping!) i bought a nice little netbook carrying case at Ross. Looks like a little laptop case with handles.

I've made several ipad and nook covers that i've sold. You can use thicker batting and a canvas or decorator type fabric if you want it to be more durable. I agree with the others it's more to protect it from scratches and dust than to withstand a fall.