Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ipad disaster

Blog Entries
    I just got an invoice from ITunes showing a $99.99 charge that my 6 year old great granddaughter made by downloading a barbie type app in my IPad. I'm so mad, not at her because she did not know what she was doing but at the vendor for not having their apps more secure. This should not be allowed to happen.

I would call and tell them it was not an authorized purchase and fight for a refund. I would be very upset. This has happened on my cell phone over some spammed things and I fought it and won.

Blog Entries
    yikees! you should be able to cancel it by law.?

Blog Entries
    OH NO!!!! I would be mad too. Those app places should be held responsible for that. They know they are in the wrong by not making it more secure. There thinking is....that the kids will download tons of apps to make money. Shame on those companies. Shame Shame Shame. Hope they don't charge you for it after you call them and explain what happened.

isnt there a prompt to enter your password? thats how it works on iphone, not sure about ipad.
    i know cuz i always forget it LOL
    sorry this happend!

Quote Originally Posted by LisaGibbs
    I would call and tell them it was not an authorized purchase and fight for a refund. I would be very upset. This has happened on my cell phone over some spammed things and I fought it and won.
    ditto -- and don't delay.

On itunes you can choose to have the software remember your password or enter it manually whenever you download anything. For this exact reason I don't save my password.

Fight it you might be able to get some back. Isn't it amazing how tech savy these youngsters are these days. 6 years old and new how to get an app downloaded on an iPad.

I may be in the minority here, but the child is not IPad's responsibility. They have no way of knowing who's pushing the buttons on the other end. It sure seems like the child knew exactly what she was doing.

In the App Store you have to enter a password to purchase.

I don't see any apps for 99.99. You should call, maybe something else is going on.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast