Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Iron cover

Iron cover

I'm going to make a cover to put my travel iron in after guild etc when it's still hot. Would you put cotton batting on both sides of the insulation batting? It's a Rowenta and came with a little bag I have taken apart to use as a pattern. How much do you think I would need to add to allow for all the batting and another layer of fabric?
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

Check out the caddy pad jr. at http://www.sisterscommonthread.com/products.html. Not only is it a case for your hot iron but it folds out flat as an ironing surface. I am going to make one for myself, just haven't decided on the fabric yet.

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    You know you can get the silver heat-resistant fabric at Hancock's, right? If you make it with that, it will protect your other stuff.

I made the Caddy Pad for my iron - it gives you a surface to iron on as well as a way to travel with a hot iron.

http://www.sisterscommonthread.com/products.html

wow made one for myself the iron caddy and thought wow what a great gift for my single son who doesn't own an ironing board so I made him one too they are so easy to make great gift too.

Blog Entries
    The best way to transport a hot iron is to stick it in a metal bucket. I bought a small size galvanized bucket and keep it in my car. I can put the iron in it and not worry about it being hot. Easy to to tote too. I've made several of the cute iron totes but I always go back to the bucket.
    Got fabric?

I also made myself an iron caddy, but I learned that no matter how insulated the padding or whatever is, it is best used with a dry iron. The steam can go through all the layers and heat up the surface underneath the caddy. Ask me how I know, lol.