Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which Iron do you prefer?

Which Iron do you prefer?

I'm thinking of purchasing a new steam iron and don't have a clue other than I want a lot of steam holes that go to the point. Which one do you prefer for piecing a quilt and ironing fabric?
    Always in Stitches,

So blessed in the opportunity of life, the gifts of nature, and the choice to do good to others. I'm thankful for this day.
    http://www.photographicendeavors.com

We have recently had lots of discussions on this. Try the search feature for more opinions. I like the Black and Decker Digital Advantage.

Blog Entries
    None of the irons on the market today are fantastic. I won't buy an expensive iron any more, not worth it. I like the B&D Classic Steam iron, it has the best value for the cost. I found one at Lowe's that does not have the auto shut off. I use the Continental dry iron for most of my pressing. If you find a dry iron at a thrift store or yard sale, you win!
    Got fabric?

I dont know if you have a Savers near you but they have alot of Rowenda's since they have leaking problems.
    I got mine for $5 but no steam as it leaks but love it for dry ironing, it has such a nice pointed end. I also have the Rowenta travel iron which has started leaking and it was not used that much. I bought it new at Joanns.
    For steam I bought a cheap iron at Walmart.

Thank you for the information. I will also check the forum for more information.
    Always in Stitches,

So blessed in the opportunity of life, the gifts of nature, and the choice to do good to others. I'm thankful for this day.

I have the Rowenda professional made in Germany not China. It is a work horse, never leaks. wouldn't own anything else.

I gave up on the Rowenta's a long time ago....and have had a Black and Decker for my last couple of irons...they last a long time too...and are not nearly as costly.

My rowenta, bought at target about 6 years ago, made in germany. Love mine. I will be sad the day mine dies because the good ones are hard to find

I buy my irons at Goodwill or Value Village. I seem to drop my irons frequently. I like the Black and Decker best. I never use steam. I prefer a spray bottle because it gives me better control and never messes up my fabric.
    Laura

Thank you for all your responses. I had been using steam to iron my fabric and some wrinkles were hard to remove. Got me a spray bottle and it really made a difference. I looked at the Rowenta made in Germany yesterday at Kohl's
    it looked like a nice iron. I thought the fact it was very pointy at the tip might help. Have a coupon for this week and will consider getting that one.
    Always in Stitches,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast